worried

Search this Thread

Old 23 November 2010, 09:03 PM
93scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default worried

Hi.
I was wondering if anyone could help ive got a 93wrx import running tdo5 turbo and 3inch straight through stainless exhaust.
I bought a new engine 3-4 months ago as my bottom end went now my new engine seems to run fine but im a wee bit concerned as 1.When i start it in the morning sometimes i get a puff of blue/white smoke then it clears?But its only dose this now and again? 2.The engine seems quite noisy on start up dose get better but i dont know if its me (because of my past bottom end failure)that there is a slight knock there when i build up the revs?Car pulls like a train etc but dose seem noisy compared to my mates wrx (like i can hear a lot more engine noise inside the car).

Basically are any of your cars like this? specially the engine noise?
Old 23 November 2010, 09:06 PM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL i wouldn't worry to much mate as most subaru engines are quite noisey and if anything is going to go like bottom end it won't take long to rear its ugly head.
Who did the engine build for you mate?any warranty?
Old 23 November 2010, 09:15 PM
dan2926
Scooby Regular

Hopefully you will just be a bit paranoid after your past experiances

The white smoke will most likely be just condensation in your exhaust all mine have done exactly the same especially this time of year when its cold. Your mind will be just be telling you its blue lol.

Did you buy a new engine or a rebuilt or 2nd hand?

Is the difference you are hearing maybe difference in exhausts and cars etc and the noise to start with isnt because its reving higher?

If the smoke was blue from the exhaust that would be your turbo and not associated with the bottom end.

Paranoia of a re-occurence of a tragic event can be a pain
Old 23 November 2010, 09:25 PM
93scooby
Scooby Regular

Engine was bought second hand but done very low milage as the car it was in got rear ended.Dont think the smoke is turbo related as it was gave a going over before my engine went back in and all was good.
Well i just hope that it is a case of paranoia from my past experiences as i couldnt take another bottom end failure

cheers for the replys