Notices

bob rawle?

Search this Thread

Old 22 August 2010, 06:54 PM
no1nutter
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bob rawle?

hi, dont want to come across as cheeky or ignorant, just looking for opinions on bob rawle as a mapper, ye sounds daft but obviously the likes of andy f come highly recommended, what about bob?
Old 22 August 2010, 07:02 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bob was around since the dawn of scoobs, you wont go far wrong with him

Tony
Old 22 August 2010, 07:09 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

He remapped mine,did a top job and would highly recommend him.
Old 22 August 2010, 07:13 PM
IainMilford
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts

Top class mapper and nice guy too, best to email him though
Old 22 August 2010, 07:19 PM
ozzreid1964
Scooby Regular

bob rawle is a real gent who really knows his subarus he will help you as much as he can and will get the best results he can (safely)out of your car for you i'm going to him in october and this will be my 3rd car mapped by him
Old 22 August 2010, 07:25 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Who?
Old 22 August 2010, 07:36 PM
no1nutter
Scooby Regular

its just that locally he is visting in september and there is a couple of spare places for him, the map on the car is a pat herborn, but at the moment car is running lean on low revs and rather lumpy, im not sure if i have idle control problem but it is not showing up on diagnostics, also i think - yeh sounds stupid but long story lol - the car is running a gems ecu which eliminates andy f as he doesnt map them, should i be taking it bak to scoobyclinic?
Old 22 August 2010, 07:49 PM
IainMilford
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts

I'd email him, if he's coming up to you and can sort the problem then why not
Old 22 August 2010, 09:06 PM
sonic-scooby
Scooby Regular

I dont know much about bob but i know for a fact that you will be more than happy with the Jolly Green Monster he's called Simon and he's a top mapper and a very nice bloke he will also advise you on the best mods for your scooby he's coming to sheffield soon because a few lads are getting their cars mapped but i dont know when yet but i would NOT take my car to scoobyclinic again.
Old 22 August 2010, 10:15 PM
apac
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ozzreid1964
bob rawle is a real gent who really knows his subarus he will help you as much as he can and will get the best results he can (safely)out of your car for you i'm going to him in october and this will be my 3rd car mapped by him
^^
Very well said. Try emailing him he will usually get back to you within 48 hours with answers to any questions you have.
The added bonus is that you get to driv the car as he maps it on the road. tis good fun
Old 22 August 2010, 10:25 PM
chtpcpo
Scooby Regular

Got mine done yesterday, a gent, and an awesome mapper. He got a safe 320 out of mine and it is a UK Model. Really good fun and a real nice guy too.

A+
Old 23 August 2010, 10:45 AM
midnight
Scooby Regular

I have been to bob twice and am going back next month for a tweak to my map,i cant comment on the other mappers around,but i can strongly reccommend bob rawle,top bloke ,friendly,Knows everything about these cars and explains what he is doing and has your cars interest at heart.
As said above,mapping on the road ,real figures and good fun as well. 5*****
Old 23 August 2010, 11:14 AM
STI Glenn
Scooby Regular

Bob mapped my last 3 cars ,TOP MAN
Old 23 August 2010, 01:39 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Maps are locked aren't they so Bob would have to start again rather than tweak existing one?

TX.

Originally Posted by no1nutter
its just that locally he is visting in september and there is a couple of spare places for him, the map on the car is a pat herborn, but at the moment car is running lean on low revs and rather lumpy, im not sure if i have idle control problem but it is not showing up on diagnostics, also i think - yeh sounds stupid but long story lol - the car is running a gems ecu which eliminates andy f as he doesnt map them, should i be taking it bak to scoobyclinic?
Old 23 August 2010, 03:01 PM
Steve Whitehorn
Scooby Regular

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

He has been around for along time. Before many of the other mappers, so has years of subaru mapping experience. The Elder of subaru mapping. So you shouldnt hesitate to use him.
Old 23 August 2010, 04:22 PM
no1nutter
Scooby Regular

thanks for all the replys guys, looks like he is coming to harvey smith at darlington, so i will have a word and see which way forward, thanks again for advice/opinions.
Old 23 August 2010, 04:35 PM
apac
Scooby Regular

thanks for all the replys guys, looks like he is coming to harvey smith at darlington, so i will have a word and see which way forward, thanks again for advice/opinions.
that's ideal. Get Harveys team to do any mods you want before handing over to Bob
Old 23 August 2010, 06:12 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Splitpin
Who?
Splitpin, I have my suspicions about your true identity ala Clark Kent.

Originally Posted by ozzreid1964
I couldn't agree more Ozz, I organised a group buy recently with Bob and we had 25+ very happy Subaru owners who had their cars transformed by Bob.

Bob always comes back with good advice, he is mapping my Spec C for me in Ocotber and I cannot wait. He transformed my 2 previous Impreza's and I cannot recommend him highly enough.
Old 23 August 2010, 06:23 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Some refer to him as "God Rawle".... not sure what that means!?

I have communicated with Bob on a number of occasions over the past 10yrs, but I can honestly say I have never used he services.... that has never stopped him from answering the odd question though. Top chap who is a real enthusiast and was it not for other reasons (totally unrelated to anything "Bob"), I would have no issue in employing Bob to map my car.
Old 26 August 2010, 03:14 PM
n one
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sonic-scooby
but i would NOT take my car to scoobyclinic again.
Why, what was the problem?
Old 26 August 2010, 07:11 PM
no1nutter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by apac
that's ideal. Get Harveys team to do any mods you want before handing over to Bob
have now seen harvey and he wasnt massively impressed with some of scoobyclinics work, considering the amount of money spent. having to re-change up pipe, re-change airfilter and induction pipe, a slight exhaust mod, 3 port boost solenoid, remove charcoal filter, wrap headers, all intime before bob gets a look at it. anyways harvey said torque will go through the roof so should be money well spent ( more of it anyway), happydays afterall.
Old 30 August 2010, 12:18 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

have now seen harvey and he wasnt massively impressed with some of scoobyclinics work, considering the amount of money spent. having to re-change up pipe, re-change airfilter and induction pipe, a slight exhaust mod, 3 port boost solenoid, remove charcoal filter, wrap headers, all intime before bob gets a look at it. anyways harvey said torque will go through the roof so should be money well spent ( more of it anyway), happydays afterall.
As I understand it, you were not the owner of the car at the time it was modified by Scooby Clinic. You did show me the invoices relating to the work carried out previously. The air filter is too small for the job and as you are not running a MAF sensor it may as well be removed. The exhaust restricts to 2.5 inches for a short distance. However, I have no idea what advice Scooby Clinic will have given their customer in the first place ie. the owner at that time, so it is unfortunate that you attribute the above comments to me. I told you what we would do, why and our prices from a fixed price menu. This does not mean that Scooby Clinic are at fault because their customer may well have instructed them as towhat he wanted doing as opposed to leaving Scooby Clinic to determine what was best.
When we have done the work we have agreed and your ECU is mapped by Bob Rawle there is absolutely no doubt the improvements will be very noticable and hopefully you will report them on here.
Old 30 August 2010, 12:35 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

I should also point out that Bob Rawle does a large proportion of our mapping but not all of it and there are very good reasons we choose to work with Bob on the work that we do. Bob is prepared to put a lot of effort in to resolving problems and the objective is to map the car properly and overcome whatever difficulties may arise as opposed to allocating a specific amount of time to a vehicle. I remember one recent case where the car in question was slot 1, starting at 09:30 and at 13:30 we decided to leave that car and move on to slot 2. When all cars for that day were completed we went back to the problem car and sometime long after 22:00 that car was mapped successfully. From memory we swapped Bob's laptop for my laptop, swapped Lambda sensors, replaced the alternator which was failing and then ended up replacing the fuel pump so there was a lot of debugging to do before we could map successfully and we simply worked through it methodically. The customer paid for the alternator and fuel pump but his mapping charge was as previously agreed and there was no moaning from Bob about the amount of work required. Indeed it was just another challenge.
It is a bit like horses for courses and the logistics plays a part of what we do but I also enjoy assistance from other mappers including Pat Herborn, Steve Simpson, Andrew Carr.
Old 30 August 2010, 01:31 PM
sonic-scooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by n one
Why, what was the problem?
iv had my bad experiences along with a couple of my mates but the final straw was when my dad took his my94 wrx to them for a simple £35 rolling road. they fitted a part wen there was nothing wrong with the original 1. it ended coming to just over £200 that my dad couldnt afford (ended up borrowing the money to get his car back). he'd signed for the £35 job but the 'small' small print gave permission for any work they thought was necessary.this is not good customer service and should not be happening so to me scooby clinic can
Old 30 August 2010, 07:40 PM
no1nutter
Scooby Regular

sorry harvey, did not mean to cause any offence.
Old 31 August 2010, 11:52 AM
The Gaffer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sonic-scooby
iv had my bad experiences along with a couple of my mates but the final straw was when my dad took his my94 wrx to them for a simple £35 rolling road. they fitted a part wen there was nothing wrong with the original 1. it ended coming to just over £200 that my dad couldnt afford (ended up borrowing the money to get his car back). he'd signed for the £35 job but the 'small' small print gave permission for any work they thought was necessary.this is not good customer service and should not be happening so to me scooby clinic can

Hi,

we do not fit parts that are not needed,

Any parts would be cleared with the customer before fitting, and we do not have any small print, just a job card which is signed by the customer authorising us to work on their vehicle.

cheers
Kev