Notices

MY01 side airbag sensor

Search this Thread

Old 02 April 2002, 12:12 PM
Mash
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I have the most annoying 'click' coming from the driver side b-pillar. After much elimination I have decided it 'must' be coming from the side impact air bag sensor in the b-pillar. Anyone know what's in side this black box eg, ball bearings, inertia sensor or anything that is likely to make a metalic click when going over bumps ? It is held in using special screws, so before I get the mole gripps out I want to be sure it's the culprit...

thanx in advance
Old 02 April 2002, 12:29 PM
nigelward
Scooby Regular

This is one of the few places that doesn't rattle on mine, though the radio aerial has a tendency to make an annoying noise on mine.

If you believe the airbag sensor is the problem I would get a dealer to sort it out, just in case messing with it causes a problem with the airbag system on the car.
Old 02 April 2002, 02:56 PM
Mash
Scooby Regular

nigelward,
thanx for the advice, I am pretty sure it's not the aerial, sounds coming from lower down the pillar between the doors.
I must admit it's a bit of a no-go area, be nice to know if this is likely to be the culprit before approaching the dealer though...
Old 03 April 2002, 08:09 AM
Mash
Scooby Regular

managed to get the air-bag sensor off last night, but not the culprit...still searching..............
Old 03 April 2002, 02:13 PM
ZIPPY
Scooby Regular

Mash i had the same noise but i have the bucket seats, the noise is coming from one of your door cards. Take it off and glue all the door poppers to the door card and then refit it to the door after use the little poppers move around in the sockets and make that annoying noise, i did this on both the front and rear doors and it cured the problem straight away.

Zippy
Old 03 April 2002, 02:30 PM
Mash
Scooby Regular

thanx Zippy, I know what you mean about the poppers, I had to sort them out as well!...definitley a metalic 'click' like a ball bearing moving to and fro in the b-pillar somewhere. Could be time for plan b)- upgrade centre/rear silencer....!

cheers
Old 03 April 2002, 05:43 PM
Scooblitious
Scooby Newbie

Hi,
I have got the same problem in my UK300 MY01 only on the passenger side. It is due to go back to Welchs Cambrideg to be checked over - will pass on the info - thanks
Old 04 April 2002, 12:43 PM
Mash
Scooby Regular

thanx Scooblitious - keep me posted on the result please, it's driving me mad.....latest theory is it's something in the door lock mechanism...