Newbie fron Dundee saying hi

Search this Thread

Old 18 May 2010, 10:35 AM
nicklouse10
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie fron Dundee saying hi

Hi,

totally new to Scoob ownership. Actually new to 4WD's, turbos and Jap cars in general!

been having a look at the forum this morning and you lot seem like a friendly and knowledgeable bunch so I've signed up for the premium membership

currently using a Porsche 944 as a track day car but was getting a little tired of having to pull off-line on every straight to let all the Scoobs go past, so I thought I'd join the club and get one for myself

I've seen a 1996 WRX that was imported in 2000. It's a little tatty round the edges, but appears generally solid and drove well on the short test drive I had. It's for sale at £1800 which seems like a fair price for the condition and mileage (120K) of the car if there's no hidden surprises

Am off to pick the car up either tomorrow night or Thursday night. will be having a closer look around it too and a longer test drive. Any tips on common faults etc? I'm really nervous that I have no experience of these and don't know what to look for specifically.

Is there a buyers guide on here?
all the best
Nick
heres a photo of it:
Old 18 May 2010, 06:31 PM
Ciaran
Scooby Regular

Wrong section min. Im local to you Alyth
Old 18 May 2010, 09:02 PM
Tomwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

awrite mate, looks nice, am in ayrshire but u should also try sidc,(scottish section) and scottishscoobies.net
Old 18 May 2010, 11:52 PM
nicklouse10
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ciaran
Wrong section min. Im local to you Alyth
Hi, Ciaran, I looked for a newbs section but didn't see one do you get up to knockhill much? I'm planning on going to the Monklands track night next thursday to give the car it's first run-out. will be taking it easy and finding out what a 4WD beast is all about

Originally Posted by Tomwrx
awrite mate, looks nice, am in ayrshire but u should also try sidc,(scottish section) and scottishscoobies.net
Hi Tomxrx,
been on a few events that SIDC have organised at Knockhill. I like them cos the track ettiquette is of a high standard. looking forward to geting to know you guys better and learning about the car.

dead exited about picking up the car now, but still nervous about not knowing enough about a car before I buy one. I guess at the price I'm paying I have to take a risk and see if it pays off

here's how the driveway looks now... will be selling the 944 and replacing it with the Scoob. the Mustang is the daily driver

Last edited by nicklouse10; 18 May 2010 at 11:54 PM.
Old 20 May 2010, 04:34 PM
nicklouse10
Scooby Regular

picked up the car last night. Had a great drive back from Anstruther.

car was filthy when I test drove it. I expected the paintwork to be in much poorer condition than it's turned out after chucking a bucket of water over it :

Porsche is provisionally sold (bloke says a deposit is on it's way and he'll collect it a week on Saturday.
Will be a shame to see it go but now I have a new improved track toy to play with!

First track day with it will be the Monklands event at Knockhill next Thursday evening. All I intend to do is flush the brake fluid and put in fresh stuff. Other than that, I'll wait to see how it behaves on track before writing a nice list of mods / upgrades
Old 27 May 2010, 06:47 PM
dan69royal
Scooby Regular

some nice machines there mate. stay in dundee myself.
Old 28 May 2010, 03:51 PM
nicklouse10
Scooby Regular

cheers.
can't have too many toys
sale of the Porsche (which was to finance the scoob) fell through which is frustrating
dont suppose you want a 944 track car for £1500 do you?
Old 28 May 2010, 03:59 PM
dan69royal
Scooby Regular

hmmmmm. dont temp me. i would to be honest but i have bought myself a new toy. expecting delivery of a new road legal quad that im planning on rapping around a big tree