Wont START HEEELLLLPPPPP

Search this Thread

Old 17 August 2008, 11:24 AM
Taffywrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wont START HEEELLLLPPPPP

Hi all,

got a problem with the scoob, went for a run on thursday night was working fine and running like a dream, left the car for a hour or so jumped back in took 3 attempts 2 start finally she kicked up. when parking the car back in the garage she was screaming like a fan belt was loose or something the noise just stopped and I parked the car great. Problem is this morning i started the car moved it out of the garage let it tick over for bout 5 mins switched it off to cleaning it, went to fire it back up and shes just cranking over i cant hear the fuel pump prime or anything shes just cranking over and over. The car has been jerking a bit when cold or wet lately could the problem be either the coil packs, the fuel pump or something else. If its either the fuel pump or coil packs does anyone on here know how much these cost

Cheers Again guys
Jamie
Old 17 August 2008, 11:27 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any more info on the car please? like age, model, year, last serviced etc (spark plugs changed etc) so we have a better understanding of what you have

Tony
Old 17 August 2008, 01:07 PM
Taffywrx
Scooby Regular

its a 1996wrx import she had a full service belts plugs everything changed in januray since then the car has covered 3100 miles
Old 17 August 2008, 03:31 PM
dj219957
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Youve mentioned you cant hear the fuel pump noise when you turn the key so that would be my start point. I always listen for that before I turn key to fire engine. Just a habit I have.
Old 19 August 2008, 08:10 PM
Taffywrx
Scooby Regular

The cars book into a garage for next week, I suspect that it is the fuel pump as the car was jerking a bit I thought that it might be the coil pack back as this has happened it might be the pump starving that engine of fuel, ill keep all posted in case any of you fine people on here are having the same problem in the future
Old 29 August 2008, 06:21 PM
Taffywrx
Scooby Regular

hi guys

right cars been in the garage since tuesday, it still wont start, the guys there think that its something electrical as when the keys turned they can hear a load clicking coming from a relay switch by the airbox, they do suspect that it is the fuel pump thats gone but want to check the wiring and breakers 1st to make sure, was told that they are waiting for wiring diagrams from a local scooby dealer so they can go through it all step by step. Has anyone else on here had similar problems to this, if so it would be a big help as its doing my head in not knowing wots wrong with the scoob
Old 09 September 2008, 06:12 PM
Taffywrx
Scooby Regular

Ok guys and gals got the scoob back it was the fuel pump was the electric motor which went, the garage tried 4 different pumps on the cars but being an import none fitted, in the end ended up getting 1 from a main dealer which cost £380 plus vat, thing is had the car back but its still jerking when cold and now and again when shes fully warmed up, its really starting to **** me off cuz i dun no wots wrong
Old 09 September 2008, 07:15 PM
Skooby53
Scooby Regular

You could check the gaps on your plugs and make sure they are clean and not coked up. I know they have not been in long, but, it's free and pretty easy to do. Then it's time to check your leads are not shorting out. Do this by starting the car up in the dark, lift the bonnet and look for sparks shorting onto the engine. If this doesn't show any improvement then it's time to start spending I'm afraid. Try it and if you have no luck report back, good luck.