Notices

NOS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03 May 2007, 12:34 PM
Going 4 400bhp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation NOS!!!

What do people know about it on here????

Has anyone got it?! Is it safe?

I have also heard about Co2 kit's folting about? What are these and are they any good.

With all the mod's around some times it seem's abit of a wast of time if i could just buy a can a Nos and have 400Bhp if i use a controler... If thats right from what iv been reading on the net???

Anyone?????
Old 03 May 2007, 12:42 PM
Matt_taylor
Scooby Regular

i heard you cant use much, 50 shot max
Old 03 May 2007, 01:49 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

I looked into this is some detail and concluded that it wasn't as safe as some NOS forums make out.

Also once you've done it all properly (decent kit, progressive controller, retard ignition, colder plugs etc etc) you're talking the same sort of money as a turbo upgrade where the power is available all the time (no expensive bottle re-fills) and is road legal.

Bob
Old 03 May 2007, 02:02 PM
jimbo54
Scooby Regular

This thread should help,and yes nitrous is road legal.

https://www.scoobynet.com/general-te...hlight=nitrous
Old 03 May 2007, 02:06 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jimbo54
This thread should help,and yes nitrous is road legal.

https://www.scoobynet.com/general-te...hlight=nitrous
IF your insurance company permits it. None of mine ever have.
Old 03 May 2007, 02:08 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Think the truth about Nitrous Oxide injection lays somewhere between the "its dangerous, it'll blow you and your engine up" crowd, and the Fast & the Furious wannabes.

I think the amount that you use depends greatly on the engines - some can handle more than others, and I don't think it has a great deal to do with the standard engines performance/size. From what I've read (and I've never had any actual experience) the EJ series engines don't take well to Nitrous at all.

Also bear in mind that the power you get from Nitrous is only usuable in specific circumstances.
Old 03 May 2007, 03:10 PM
scoobynewbie72
Scooby Regular

Ive used NOS for about 5 years now on a Vectra I run, The engines can cope if the system is set up right and your not expecting 150 bhp jets to work just like that,
I found getting the power down to be a pain and when it did i got thru diffs so the extra power is there to get but you might end up chasing your tail to stay in front of other components that cant handle it engine mounts/shafts CV joints etc.
hth
Old 03 May 2007, 04:11 PM
jimbo54
Scooby Regular

Q) Is nitrous legal on road cars?

A) The legality of nitrous use on the road varies from country to country, even within the EU. However, contrary to what many people believe (including some police officers) nitrous oxide injection is legal for road use in the UK and many other countries (just as are turbo chargers and superchargers). According to the Ministry of Transport, the Highway Code and the MOT handbook there is no law prohibiting the use of nitrous injection. However just as with any tuning modification, the owner must inform their insurance company and obtain adequate cover otherwise any performance modification would be illegal. Therefore the only way you will break the law by having your street car fitted with a nitrous kit in the UK, is if you fail to inform your insurance company that you have one. Insuring a nitrous injected vehicle has become easier since WON joined forces with Adrian Flux to provide all their customers with a better chance of obtaining adequate insurance cover. Some other insurance companies such as Greenlight Insurance also offer cover for nitrous equipped cars.