Getting frustrated!

Search this Thread

Old 10 January 2007, 11:55 AM
OakleighParkScoobie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting frustrated!

2 questions!

I have a 2001 WRX and under hard acceleration I get what feels like a series of small miss fires. The plugs have been changed twice, tried another set of coil packs, and a new MAF sensor but to no avail. I understand that cleaning the boost solenoid may well help but it would be good to know if there may be anything else that may be causing this?

Secondly, when at low revs (2000 rpm) when you start to accelerate the car seems to hold back for a split second. I have read in other threads that this could be the lambda sensor but am I right in saying there are 2? One on the downpipe and one in the centre section. I replaced the one in the centre section about 3 months ago as it was giving low output reading when hooked up to a main dealers computer, but recently my engine light has been flashing under hard acceleration, about 10 times, then goes off again which according to the handbook is something to do with emissions. The car also seems to idle low, about 500 rpm according to the rev counter, but shows between 680-730 on main dealers computer.

Any ideas on these would be much appreciated!!
Old 10 January 2007, 12:37 PM
Rice Rocket
Scooby Regular

I had the same as your 2nd question, replaced my O2 sensor in the headers and its seems to have cleared the problem, now my CEL flashes between 10 - 15 when I go to give it some beans in either 2nd or 3rd it starts to flash.

Going to get the ECU cleared at the scooby garage and hope this solves the problem by finding out what else is going to cast me money!

S!
Old 10 January 2007, 01:26 PM
funkyspider
Scooby Regular

Cell flashing but not staying on is knock/misfire detection in a newage isn't it ?

Edit : Actually this thread may help
https://www.scoobynet.com/general-te...ight=CEL+flash

Last edited by funkyspider; 10 January 2007 at 01:29 PM.
Old 10 January 2007, 01:35 PM
OakleighParkScoobie
Scooby Regular

Thats correct, i'll have a look at the link you posted and see if that hepls. Cheers!
Old 10 January 2007, 01:45 PM
OakleighParkScoobie
Scooby Regular

A lot of the threads inhe link seem to be aimed at the neutral switch but i had that changed about a year ago which solved the problem, maybe i need another new one as the clutch was changed in sept!
Old 10 January 2007, 01:49 PM
Rice Rocket
Scooby Regular

Magic thread funky, but I'm lost.

When mine flashes it, i think i'm in the to hot zone, ie I've been in the same gear and revs and ready to floor it and its telling me its getting hot!.
Question, would fitting a new EGT sensor help, I have one sitting anyway along with a set of 2nd hand coil packs. should I get these fitted?

S!
Old 10 January 2007, 01:50 PM
Rice Rocket
Scooby Regular

Magic thread funky, but I'm lost.

When mine flashes it, i think i'm in the to hot zone, ie I've been in the same gear and revs and ready to floor it and its telling me its getting hot!.
Question, would fitting a new EGT sensor help, I have one sitting anyway along with a set of 2nd hand coil packs. should I get these fitted?

S!
Old 10 January 2007, 01:52 PM
Rice Rocket
Scooby Regular

DOh, double post!

Yeah I had my NPS replaced 1 1/2 ago as it kept cutting out on me when slowing down at junctions... might try and get it changed under warranty, I have a very good service manager for getting things like this done.