Search this Thread

Old 06 March 2005, 12:37 AM
Stiver3
Scooby Regular

Location: Braintree - 321BHP, 285Lbft-Perfect Standard' Ish STi Ver. III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I-C Waterspray bar...

Hi,
I'm looking to D.IY an intercooler waterspray using my washerjet pump as a water source, i saw on a kit a bar which would sit on top of the Ic and have fine holes drilled into it so when water was pumped through it would spray...turbobits.co.uk use to have this but dont anymore, anyone know where i could find it or something like it
Cheers in advance
Old 06 March 2005, 05:28 PM
dazc
Scooby Regular

I did this but on my Front mounted I/C & used the headlamp washer feed for my water source.

The T shaped non return valve needs to be retained, (next to the battery)and run this into a similar (1cm approx) diameter pipe with holes in it and the end blocked off. Mount this in front of I/C, (or above depending if top mount)

I went to a pet shop and got a hard plastic pipe (meant for air) that gives fish bubbles, it has a line of holes all the way down it, connect it up, then use the headlamp washer button to get a 2 second pulse spray. Absolutely floods the I/C with water. Much better than standard fit systems.

If you hold car steady (on boost) when driving, then hit button it pics up about 200-300 revs or so each time you press it. Cost me a fiver, works a treat especially in summer. Only downside is that you have to wipe your headlamps by hand when they're mucky. I also use hardly any screenwash in water, don't know if that matters though. Good mod. Daz

Originally Posted by Stiver3
Hi,
I'm looking to D.IY an intercooler waterspray using my washerjet pump as a water source, i saw on a kit a bar which would sit on top of the Ic and have fine holes drilled into it so when water was pumped through it would spray...turbobits.co.uk use to have this but dont anymore, anyone know where i could find it or something like it
Cheers in advance
Old 06 March 2005, 10:11 PM
Stiver3
Scooby Regular

cheers mate ill have a go see what it comes out like
Old 06 March 2005, 10:23 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

this is my home made effort i find it better on the shroud after a days tinkering

Old 07 March 2005, 06:27 PM
Stiver3
Scooby Regular

what sprayers are they?? have you used the headlight washers or the windscreen washers as a source??
Cheers for the pic...