Notices

Urgent help needed on auto waterspray

Search this Thread

Old 20 May 2002, 10:04 AM
Arron
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have an STI 7 uk car with a manual waterspray switch, next to it is a blank switch cover, I've taken the cover off and their's a plug that looks almost identicle to the waterspray plug, I've also taken off the rear fog light switch to check the plug as I thought the blank one could be for front fog lights but it is a totally different plug, it looks more like another waterspray button plug, perhaps for AUTO WATERSPRAY.

Could somebody let me know what this plug does.

Many thanks
Old 20 May 2002, 10:30 AM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a WRX before which had front and rear foglights. The front foglight switch and plug was different from the rear foglight switch and plug. Different coulour, shape and no of pins if I remember rightly.

One difference is that the front foglight switch latches on whereas the rear foglight switch is a momentary action that put fogs on but then they drop off when the lights or ignition are switched off.

I've got an STi now and there is definetly unused wiring down behind the foglight covers so I suspect there will be wiring all the way back to the dash but not checked yet.

I reckon what you've found will be for front fogs. Sorry.