Notices

which is better tek2 or tek3

Search this Thread

Old 12 February 2005, 02:49 PM
mo mo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which is better tek2 or tek3

i have a 2002 wrx full de-cat and filter plus dump valve and sti intercooler. Iwas talking to falkland performance centre and he said that a tek2 was just as good as a tek 3 may be because he does not do the tek 3 remap i dont no but anyway.I was going to put uprated injectors and fuel pump on because my target was 300 bhp would a tek 2 get me to my target and if not does anyone know who does the tek 3 in scotland as i live in the highlands CHEERS. MO MO
Old 12 February 2005, 02:59 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

IIRC, a "Tek2" is a "standard" remap - i.e. not specific to your car or it's mods, a set of maps which differ from the standard ones to match a specific set of mods. A Tek3 is generally refered to a custom map for your car and mods.

Anything other than a custom map unless you have a very specific set of mods which match what the map was designed to work with (i.e. often unlikely and not what you've got) is IMHO, a very bad idea!

Matt
Old 12 February 2005, 03:14 PM
mo mo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mutant_matt
IIRC, a "Tek2" is a "standard" remap - i.e. not specific to your car or it's mods, a set of maps which differ from the standard ones to match a specific set of mods. A Tek3 is generally refered to a custom map for your car and mods.

Anything other than a custom map unless you have a very specific set of mods which match what the map was designed to work with (i.e. often unlikely and not what you've got) is IMHO, a very bad idea!

Matt
does the tek3 have to be set up on your car or could i send my ecu away and have it done as there is no where that i know of that does a tek3 remap in scotland CHEERS MO MO
Old 12 February 2005, 04:23 PM
mo mo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mutant_matt

Matt
iwas told that a tek 2 could be set up for the mods that i have is this right MO MO
Old 12 February 2005, 06:21 PM
Barnesy
Scooby Regular

Andy F your man if your in Scotland. Tek 3 is what you need!
Old 12 February 2005, 08:18 PM
mo mo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Barnesy
Andy F your man if your in Scotland. Tek 3 is what you need!
nice one will get in touch cheers MO MO
Old 13 February 2005, 08:30 PM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

Tek3 wouldn't be done by post, even if its a copy map from a car with identical mods.

MB