Notices

Key Stuck in Ignition, But Not at the Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 15 December 2017, 04:02 PM
badadjective
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key Stuck in Ignition, But Not at the Dealer

Hi folks, newbie here. A strange series of events, hope you can follow me here and help out:

A few weeks ago I tried to unlock my car with keyless entry, nothing happened, no sounds, panic button on key not working, nothing. Unlocked door with the key, alarm turns on, I start ignition, alarm goes off, everything seems okay and later keyless starting working again no problem, no drained battery. A few days later my key starts getting stuck in the ignition when I turn the car off, the key won't turn all the way back and release. I have to start the car again, off again, on again, 3-10 times before the key will release. Unfortunately this happens intermittently and the dealer has been unable to reproduce the problem and won't do a warranty repair until they can. My warranty runs out in 3 weeks, but since it was already documented, dealer says they can fix it later as long as they can reproduce. I understand where they're coming from, but some pals told me there's something with the signal from the shifter to the ignition and the ignition thinks the car isn't in park. How do I get the dealer to fix this? Otherwise next time it happens I have to get the car towed to them with the key stuck in ignition, which seems a bit ridiculous.

Also a side note, around the same time my driver side heated seat stopped working (I have a separate thread for this, dealer can't find the problem either here) and I'm wondering if it's some kind of deeper electrical problem considering keyless entry, ignition, and heated seat problem all around the same time?

Thanks in advance!

2015 Impreza Sport Premium 5-Door

Last edited by badadjective; 15 December 2017 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Forgot vehicle ID