Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

my 99 Gf8 classic wagon 2000 awd turbo UK spec turbo up Pipe eml light query

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2020, 04:57 PM
Connormcleod
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my 99 Gf8 classic wagon 2000 awd turbo UK spec turbo up Pipe eml light query

Hello guys & gals....I own a my 99 UK spec 2000 awd turbo impreza...std as far as i know apart from a prodrive wr package at 1800 miles when New by the dealer...the question I've got is I've added a 3" cat back stainless exhaust last week..nonissues..& I deceided to but a Toyo sports stainless turbo up Pipe for a full de cat system...before fitting Tom the mechanic asked if I knew about the eml warning light issue??.. I replied no why??...as he thinks it will throw one on...so is it because the car will have no sensor pipes in..or because the car will run lean or richm.then needing a remap..if the remap is done will this be " mapped out.."..& will this increast power even if its only 20/30 bhp..Also lastly any good re mapping crews in Essex??. Cheers
Old 28 July 2020, 06:15 PM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 278 Likes on 248 Posts

Leave the standard on in it or contact Alyn at AS Performance and get a Harvey up pipe.
Old 28 July 2020, 08:48 PM
Connormcleod
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1509joe
Leave the standard on in it or contact Alyn at AS Performance and get a Harvey up pipe.
​​​​​thanks for the reply...but im not familiar with a harvey up pipe??.. so is the toyo e bay up pipe not worth fitting then??..im due a clutch very soon so was looking to get that done first..as id guess thats around £550 at current rates is that right??..i did buy a adt blue print 3 piece kit but im struggling to get anyone to fit it ...most garages want their own mark up...ive used blueprint on all my jdm motors so would really like that fitted...im not familiar with luk or national..i may ring slow boy racing tom ..for a quote to do the clutch & up pipe plus the remap..re the harvey pipe can you throw any light on that please..cheers for the help
Old 29 July 2020, 09:39 AM
bludgod
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

as above, no cat in the uppipe on a 99 and the toyosport will be the opposite of an improvement. Unless you mean your looking at a toyosport DOWNpipe not uppipe? In which case you still won't get an engine management light as the o2 sensor is before the cat anyway so the car doesn't really care if there's a cat back there or not. What you will find is the car will tend to overboost a little and that's where the remap will come into play. A 99 can be mapped with ECUTek on the standard ECU (you can look up dealers like me on their map: ECUTek Dealer Map - just filter by UK / Subaru / Petrol / Impreza to see who's nearest). Alternatively you could go with ECUlabs on the standard ECU or switch out to the likes of a link/syvecs/simtek for a bit more power potential in the future.