Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Can I run a full decat without a remap

Search this Thread

Old 25 April 2005, 04:55 PM
mattdoyle
Scooby Regular

Location: From Outback 2 classic wagon 2 newage wagon 2 Legy TT 2 classic 2 newage STi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I run a full decat without a remap

As above.
04 Wagon, what is peeps recommendations, I have changed the BB(WRSport) and STi filter, was wondering if I can add the decat center, downpipe, uppipe in that order.
Can it damage the engine without a remap?
Should I replace the center then get the decat up/down and remap all at once?

regards
Old 25 April 2005, 05:31 PM
ZIPPY
Scooby Regular

Its up to you what parts you change and in what order, to feel the benefit change the exhaust all in one go if you can and no you dont need a re-map if you fully de-cat.
Yes you will get more bang for buck with a re-map but its not required.

Zippy
Old 25 April 2005, 06:52 PM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

ideally you would do best getting a remap if funds allow tho ive ran mine for 6mths without any probs without getting it done,(other stuff keeps takin the remap money)
Old 25 April 2005, 06:57 PM
Jason Knowles
Scooby Regular

I ran my 03 wrx with all cats removed with no problems JASON
Old 25 April 2005, 07:39 PM
Mr_Wid
Scooby Regular

How much does a remap cost and what sort of power increase would you get?
Old 25 April 2005, 08:52 PM
scoobyDAZZA
Scooby Regular

i ran on a full decat for 6 months no worries then got it remapped and certainly noticed a big difference . . . but,take some advice from me cuz i'm on me 3rd re-map now . . . get all yer bits done then re-map it
i added headers and induction kit so needed another 1 then added a vf34,uprated tmic,3 port boost solenoid,550cc injectors and obviously needed another 1 lol
3 in total but its running like a dream now . . . . thanks to bob rawle
Old 25 April 2005, 09:30 PM
STI5300
Scooby Regular

Just as the other Guy's have done, I removed the lot all in one go and have had no problems, only use the car for sprinting / hillclimbing. The nuts on the original downpipe can be a pain as they are metric fine so I would suggest you buy a couple just in case, also with the front decat pipe on you can't fit the original heat deflector which made the engine bay very hot, the clutch master cylinder is right above the pipe, therefore it might save you a bit of time if you lagged the downpipe before you fit it !!! Fit all go faster bits before having a remap
Have fun and no swearing while you fit it !
Old 26 April 2005, 11:37 AM
mattdoyle
Scooby Regular

Location: From Outback 2 classic wagon 2 newage wagon 2 Legy TT 2 classic 2 newage STi

Cheers gents

Any idea what I am likely to pay for a newage(04) decat uppipe, downpipe,center?

thx

Originally Posted by STI5300
Just as the other Guy's have done, I removed the lot all in one go and have had no problems, only use the car for sprinting / hillclimbing. The nuts on the original downpipe can be a pain as they are metric fine so I would suggest you buy a couple just in case, also with the front decat pipe on you can't fit the original heat deflector which made the engine bay very hot, the clutch master cylinder is right above the pipe, therefore it might save you a bit of time if you lagged the downpipe before you fit it !!! Fit all go faster bits before having a remap
Have fun and no swearing while you fit it !
Old 26 April 2005, 02:28 PM
SPIKE LIKE MIKE
Scooby Regular

hi matey,

just ha mine done at H&S,great job,didnt get the up pipe done-downpipe,centre sections-already had a H&S backbox,your looking about the 4-500 mark supplied and fitted,fitting looked like a bit of a mission,id advise you to let them fit,in addition if u have an 04 you,ll need a cel fix to stop warning light on dash coming on,got that done for £45 2 mins away from H&S at scooby tek,plenty of pops/bangs in the 5-6k revs,no flames though ,going to try different backbox and wrapping dpipe and centre section to keep fumes/gases hotter ,the noise is something else ,reccomend it if u like alot of noise and every one staring!!!!

mike
Originally Posted by mattdoyle
Cheers gents

Any idea what I am likely to pay for a newage(04) decat uppipe, downpipe,center?

thx
Old 26 April 2005, 06:13 PM
ZIPPY
Scooby Regular

My full de-cat on my old MY01 cost me £200 all in as i bought the parts 2nd hand on here, the only new part of the exhaust was the up-pipe and gasket which my dealer fitted for £50.

My TeK 3 cost me £550 and the mapper came to me in Liverpool and my car on the rollers made 292 BHP with the full de-cat and remap.

I ran the setup until i sold the car with 32k on the clock with no problems at alL.

Well worth in imho as the car was great and p#ssed all over the fabbled Classic which is so much lighter and quicker,NOT.
Old 27 April 2005, 10:12 AM
mattdoyle
Scooby Regular

Cheers Zippy

Originally Posted by ZIPPY
My full de-cat on my old MY01 cost me £200 all in as i bought the parts 2nd hand on here, the only new part of the exhaust was the up-pipe and gasket which my dealer fitted for £50.

My TeK 3 cost me £550 and the mapper came to me in Liverpool and my car on the rollers made 292 BHP with the full de-cat and remap.

I ran the setup until i sold the car with 32k on the clock with no problems at alL.

Well worth in imho as the car was great and p#ssed all over the fabbled Classic which is so much lighter and quicker,NOT.
Old 29 April 2005, 12:01 AM
washer
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mr_Wid
How much does a remap cost and what sort of power increase would you get?
all cars are different average price 650 300 quid is for the ecotec program