Search this Thread

Old 02 March 2005, 12:12 PM
mrdanbartlett
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xtreme Scooby Exhaust & tuning questions

Hello

I'm posting on behalf of my dad as he is too old to use a computer properly

He has a WRX Y Reg and wants to make it faster, so he can try and keep up with my Fiat Coupe 20vt in a straight line.
He has spoke to xtreme scooby and the offer an exhuast system which is down pipe, full sys inc sports cat. I think its made by Hayward and Scott.

Are these any good and is this his best first mod? Sorry but I dont know anything about subaru tuning and just want to make sure he is getting the best deal/making the right choice.

He was going to do the exhuast first and then have a remap at a later date.
Someone else told me a place in nottingham are the best for exhuasts, I cant remember the name though.

Thanks for any advice anyone has, I would search thrugh posts but I[m only a really slow connection.
Old 02 March 2005, 01:23 PM
craig5
Scooby Regular

you can buy straight from h/s and they make very good exhaust's,but you're dad has got a lot of decisions to make first 3 " or 2.5 " and how loud he want's it for me the first mod he should buy is a knocklink
Old 02 March 2005, 01:24 PM
tuscan57
Scooby Regular

xtreme will defo point you in the right direction...... and yes haywood and scoot do make their exhausts, so are very good.....
Old 02 March 2005, 02:15 PM
mrdanbartlett
Scooby Newbie

great thanks for the replies, sounds ok then. He will want 2.5" I think as he doesnt want it to be noisy. Can someone point me to a thread about knocklinks, or explain it?
Sorry its all very different from coupe turning, and to be honest I'm not a tuning kind of person.

What BHP can he expect from the exhuast, I've heard 25-30, seems alot but good if its true.

Really sorry about asking questions that have probably been covered a million times over.
Old 02 March 2005, 03:21 PM
craig5
Scooby Regular

the knocklink detect's any detination sound's from you're engine it's more for piece of mind,if you want most power i would go for a full decat and put the center back in at mot time but if you want to keep a cat then leave the one in the center and decat the downpipe it's more restrictive and you will gain most power from removing it.
Old 02 March 2005, 03:43 PM
mrdanbartlett
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by craig5
the knocklink detect's any detination sound's from you're engine it's more for piece of mind,if you want most power i would go for a full decat and put the center back in at mot time but if you want to keep a cat then leave the one in the center and decat the downpipe it's more restrictive and you will gain most power from removing it.
thanks, I have a mate with another 20vt coupe and decat, its ok but he gets flames! Will it be legal if you keep one cat? He defo does not want the hassle of putting cat back on for MOT etc. How much for a knock supplied & fitted? Would make sense to have something like that when tuning.

I guess exhuat wont mess up the boost, i.e cause spikey/overboost?
Old 02 March 2005, 03:47 PM
craig5
Scooby Regular

you can fit the knocklink you're self they are very easy and yes the car will be legal with just one cat
Old 02 March 2005, 04:37 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by mrdanbartlett
Hello

I'm posting on behalf of my dad as he is too old to use a computer properly

He has a WRX Y Reg and wants to make it faster, so he can try and keep up with my Fiat Coupe 20vt in a straight line.
He has spoke to xtreme scooby and the offer an exhuast system which is down pipe, full sys inc sports cat. I think its made by Hayward and Scott.

Are these any good and is this his best first mod? Sorry but I dont know anything about subaru tuning and just want to make sure he is getting the best deal/making the right choice.

He was going to do the exhuast first and then have a remap at a later date.
Someone else told me a place in nottingham are the best for exhuasts, I cant remember the name though.

Thanks for any advice anyone has, I would search thrugh posts but I[m only a really slow connection.
To answer you query. Yes, Xtreme are excellent; it's where I take my car. H&S exhausts are one of -if not the best- exhausts for the Scooby. The car will be legal if you leave the center cat in place or replace it with a sports cat. However, the car may need to be warm before it will pass the emmissions test.

Regards NS04