Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Monks Heath -Tyres

Search this Thread

Old 10 June 2004, 08:58 PM
douglasb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monks Heath -Tyres

I know the general opinions about Monks Heath, but I haven't really had any problems with them (but I drive a Legacy).

My tyres are on the way out and I need a new set. Monks Heath have given me a fitted price which stuffs the fitted price from Black Circles and the other Internet tyre sites that I looked at. The local "chain" fitters are also more expensive.

I'd have no hesitation about using a chain if their price was significantly better, but they don't seem to be able to match the price. If the chain price was a couple of pounds cheaper I'd prefer to use a Subaru dealer than a "quick fitter", but this seems to be the best of both worlds: Subaru dealer is cheaper than chain.

If you're looking for tyres in Cheshire it could be worth having a word with Monks Heath - unless anyone knows better....

Doug
Old 11 June 2004, 12:28 PM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by douglasb
I know the general opinions about Monks Heath, but I haven't really had any problems with them (but I drive a Legacy).
Doug
"Champagne drinkers,lemonade money" springs to mind!! lol

It'd pay to have a look at Jim Jeffreys tyres in Warrington as they are very good price wise.I priced up 224/40x18 Goodyear F1 GSD3's at Kwik Fit for a laugh and they said £200 per corner.Jeffries did em for £127 fitted (Which included a metal valve and cap - And not the valve sleaves like Crap Fit use)

http://www.jeffreyshpt.co.uk

Cheers

Nick

P.S: You're one of the lucky few who doesn't have a problem with Monks Heath!!
Old 11 June 2004, 04:29 PM
douglasb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NickAdams
"It'd pay to have a look at Jim Jeffreys tyres in Warrington as they are very good price wise.
Thanks. I've had a look at the website, and Monks Heath are beating Jim Jeffreys prices.

I'm looking for 195/60 VR 15 and Monks Heath have quoted £83 for Michelin Energy E3A. Jim Jeffreys are quoting £82.25 for Michelin XV1. I've had a look at the Black Circles website and they are wanting £80.63 for XV1 and £85.45 for E3A. Jim Jeffreys site didn't mention E3A, but the Black Circles prices suggest that they will be over £85.

P.S: You're one of the lucky few who doesn't have a problem with Monks Heath!!
I realise from reading other posts on here that my experiences are not universally shared

Doug