Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AIR CON + Intermoto - NOW I'M PIS*ED OFF!

Search this Thread

Old 14 May 2001, 12:10 AM
DeerHunter
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Just rang jaguar house (intermoto sister company) regarding warranty on MY97 R reg Air con problem. Car is 8wks from purchase date! Rang and told them it's mechanically sound but just not working. First told to ring Monks Heath in Nutsford - 40+ Miles Away , they said not under manufacturers wty over 3 yrs old, what warranty is there then if the 1 yr warranty is from a subaru dealer that no longer exists! , jaguar don't want to know, should i ring IM direct??
Someone is going to pay!!!
Any suggestions where to go next - if i take it to monks heath, how do i get back as i am unlikely to get a loan car or have it fixed while i wait?
Old 14 May 2001, 12:12 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Cool

Hehe

Always like the soundtrack to go with the movie - I can hear it playing now...
Old 14 May 2001, 01:05 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Puff : Uncharacteristically mean, been spendin time with Mr Lewis?

Dearhunter,I thought "Subaru Approved" was equivalent to the manufacturers warranty.

Irrespective, unless Intermoto started underwriting themselves you should be able to use any approved repairer. That presumably includes Jaguar House.

MH would prob provide a courtesy car, however as I said before I doubt you'll be able to claim on warranty.

BUT, given that the car should have been thoroughly checked before sale it would be reasonable to expect the a/c to function for more that 10 hours of sunshine.

Trouble is Intermoto was probably established as a separate corporate entity, so it will be difficult to claim JH should take responsibility.

At least it raining today though

Old 14 May 2001, 01:55 PM
DeerHunter
Scooby Regular

If it need repairing i'll spend the money on a P1/STI wing instead of high level std spoiler!!, thanks for reply Banshi , as to puff - that name must be a discription of what you look like in your wagon!! HE HE HE - Just kiddin m8
Old 14 May 2001, 02:31 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Red face

I've either been badly misconstrued or my satire & wit just goes over your heads

Old 14 May 2001, 03:32 PM
DeerHunter
Scooby Regular

Explain cos i,m lost m8
Old 14 May 2001, 03:53 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Cool

Thought you were starting on a hunt for someone's scalp & I just remembered a great film from the 80s (70s?) which had your logon as its title & I just thought to myself how appropriate & remembered the music from the film & had a reminiscence...

(ie I could imagine the music from "The Deer Hunter" playing in the background whilst you sorted out who was going to deal with your air-con problem )

Hope it's soon sorted to your satisfaction as from the way my post went someone is going to have a hard time dealing with you until you are happy Crikey & my post was meant to be supportive as well

Old 14 May 2001, 04:30 PM
DeerHunter
Scooby Regular

Puff - Now i understand, was only born in 78 so probably missed that, name comes from unreal tournament online name , on the update front 3 people have promised to ring back, and suprisingly (spelling?? ) no-one has rang back.

Regards for the support but i thing i'm on a looser! - just been told i should have a warranty/service manual for the dealer's warranty although all i have is the standard books so i have no proof (bar finance agreement) that the car is under any warranty - but my fault i suppose!!
Anyone think i should aproach IM direct as intermoto was a main dealer?
Regards .....
Old 14 May 2001, 04:47 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Cool

Deerhunter.......Have you thought of contacting Subaru UK.....with regards your warranty problem????.......I had a problem with a main dealer I contacted them and my problem was solved immeadiately....So give it a try.
Cheers
Colin
Old 14 May 2001, 04:51 PM
DeerHunter
Scooby Regular

Scoob99, cool, aony chance of the number m8 ???
Hopefully will be soon if so!
Old 14 May 2001, 05:16 PM
DeerHunter
Scooby Regular

Don't worry, got the number and guess what, it's not under warranty - AT ALL, then rang Mondial assistance to check my years subaru assistance (they also extend manufacturers warranty) and they have no record of me either!!!! So now some people in Jag House who used to work in intermoto are gonna get their ***** kicked!!! - I don't need this hassle -
Old 14 May 2001, 06:25 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

PUFF: Shuld have known better M8 deepest and most sincere apologies, totally misconstrued Picked up the wrong title music and invited my little green co-star to do the duet.

Deerhunter: I originally thought that was a possibility. When a major reseller based on the A5 went belly up a year or two ago it transpired that they had been pocketing warranty payments for months.

Just didn't want to add to the misery unnecessarily.

Old 14 May 2001, 06:48 PM
alexf
Scooby Regular

Deerhunter,

Looks like I might be in the same boat as you. Bought my MY97 from Intermoto last July and was assured that I would have an extra years warranty because it was "Subaru Approved" but there is nothing on any of my paperwork to back this up. Looks like a phone call to IM tomorrow is in order to see where I stand should the car develop any problems.

Alex
Old 15 May 2001, 08:40 AM
DeerHunter
Scooby Regular

AlexF, hope you have more luck, however i have recieved a customer survey from the owners of intermoto - But it is from Mclean & Appleton Holdings LTD, they own 5-6 major dealerships in the N.W. Area including Jaguar! so theoretically a few nice choice words to them may get an answer. I will post their head office number later!!
P.S. - They are crap as well, i did a network installation for intermoto for £440 9wks ago and still havn't been paid!!!

[This message has been edited by DeerHunter (edited 15 May 2001).]