Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Accidents

Search this Thread

Old 31 August 1999, 02:35 PM
EEasy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

I have had an accident this weekend.
I own a red WRX STI 2 96N.
Can anyone tell me if UK spec bodywork parts are identical to Jap parts? I need a bonnet and left side panels replaced etc.

More important are suspension bits and pieces...I have heard that these need to be STI spec parts that can only be obtained from Japan?

And what about Fog lights and headlamps on the car? Do I need to get these from Japan too?

Help.
Any advice is appreciated. I need to fix my baby before the end of the month...
Old 31 August 1999, 02:55 PM
Richard F
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear that....

Is it a type R? Hope not cos I think the front wings are the only part interchangeable with a UK spec. If it's not, I believe that a lot of the parts are similar but I do know that STi's (at least later ones) have ally bonnets which are different from UK cars. Graham Goode Racing would be a good port of call to check with as would ScoobySport.

Headlights should certainly be interchangeable though.

Good Luck!
Old 31 August 1999, 03:01 PM
EEasy
Scooby Regular

Talking

Thankyou richard.
I wiull wait to hear from the accident repair lot tomorrow.
I will then let them know where to look for parts if they don't already.
Cheers
Old 31 August 1999, 03:28 PM
JohnS

Exclamation

The front wings should be the same as a UK spec car, but the bonnet will be an alloy one which will probably have to be ordered from Japan, unless one of the grey importers or parts suppliers have one in stock.

Same goes for the suspension components, with some of the STIs having aluminium suspension parts, and again the advice would be to phone around to see what's in stock, otherwise you'll have to wait for them to arrive from Japan (could take anything from a few days to a few weeks).

Hopefully nothing is too badly damaged that it can't be successfully repaired and you will be back on the road asap.
Old 02 September 1999, 07:38 AM
Phil R
Scooby Regular

I have heard on the grapevine that Park Lane in Alton Hants. Do stock certain Subaru parts so it might be worth trying them.
Old 02 September 1999, 08:40 AM
CAB
Scooby Regular

Having had to source gearbox parts for my STI I would definately speak to GGR (as has already been suggested). All STI's have alluminium bonnet, track rods and a host of other stuff so it is worth staying with them. There are a couple of places in Manchester and Liverpool that carry parts (adverts in motoring news, only speak to people that have proper adds/garages as there are some cowboys. This will be cheaper than buying new. But if it is new you want then Graham Goode is your man. I always say this, but they are the only professional company that helped me.
Old 02 September 1999, 08:51 AM
EEasy
Scooby Regular

Talking

Thanks to everyone who replied. Graham Goode has been in touch with the garage and I should find out today about costs etc. I believe they have Sti parts in stock but we will see.

I am a very new junior member but feel very comforted that people have answers in this club and are willing to share knowledge.

Thanks again everyone! I will let you know when we are back on the road (Scoobie and I).