Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Service from Apple

Search this Thread

Old 29 May 2011, 08:35 PM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service from Apple

I was using my Macbook Pro last night and the Disk Utility told me my hard drive was failing and had a hardware error that couldn't be repaired.

Went to Apple's website at 9pm last night and booked a Genius appointment for 4pm today, by 5pm they'd fitted a new hard drive and re-installed Mac OSX for me.

All data now restored from my TimeMachine backup.

My Macbook is about 18 months old and was still covered under the AppleCare policy I got for a bargain price of £50 when I bought my Mac.

Quality service!!

Old 30 May 2011, 10:33 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Product repaired under warranty shocker
Old 30 May 2011, 10:37 AM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Do you know many big companies that would change the HDD there and then?

Yeah thought not
Old 30 May 2011, 12:19 PM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

I wasn't complimenting Apple on repairing a product under warranty as that would be expected.

I was complimenting them on speed and efficiency, I booked a timeslot for the next day on their website, I turned up and within 5 minutes the guy confirmed the hard drive needed replacing.

I left them with it, went for a coffee and returned 40 minutes later and the new hard drive was in and OSX had been re-installed.

No matter how much anyone hates Apple or what they stand for....the above is customer service the way it should be, fast, efficient and trouble free.

If any other company treated me that efficiently I would gladly sing their praises too!!

Old 30 May 2011, 04:21 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ant
Do you know many big companies that would change the HDD there and then?

Yeah thought not
Whatever! A lame reply but seeing as my previous far more descriptive reply was removed by the mods I will have to leave it at that. Shame the truth hurts so much!
Old 30 May 2011, 04:36 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

I seen your reply and gladly replied to your somewhat bitchy comment.

Along the line of cocksucking fanboy, yes very mature

Hopefully they'll remove you instead of all your all other negative and pointless/trolling posts.
Old 30 May 2011, 04:57 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

He hates Apple so much he's cutting down tree's! Maybe that'll improve your phone reception.
Old 30 May 2011, 08:56 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hanley
I was complimenting them on speed and efficiency, I booked a timeslot for the next day on their website, I turned up and within 5 minutes the guy confirmed the hard drive needed replacing.
I can't believe how far apple are behind the times when it comes to servicing and repairs, from what you have said you had to use your own petrol and drive to an apple store to get it repaired, is that right ?

If you report a problem to Alienware/Dell a technician will call at your house the very next day with the parts to fix the problem, you can even arrange it at a date or time that suits you .....

Having to drive to an apple store to get a computer fixed, thats so 90's .... Their hardware failing shouldn't put you out of pocket, typical apple

Last edited by Rob_Impreza99; 30 May 2011 at 09:00 PM.
Old 31 May 2011, 07:05 AM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rob_Impreza99
I can't believe how far apple are behind the times when it comes to servicing and repairs, from what you have said you had to use your own petrol and drive to an apple store to get it repaired, is that right ?

If you report a problem to Alienware/Dell a technician will call at your house the very next day with the parts to fix the problem, you can even arrange it at a date or time that suits you .....

Having to drive to an apple store to get a computer fixed, thats so 90's .... Their hardware failing shouldn't put you out of pocket, typical apple
Maybe because alienware don't have nationwide stores or they don't want their customers pulling their back out carrying their 2 ton laptops
Old 31 May 2011, 08:52 AM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Whatever! A lame reply but seeing as my previous far more descriptive reply was removed by the mods I will have to leave it at that. Shame the truth hurts so much!
Your previous reply was removed (by me) because it contributed nothing except an insult.

Someone posts on here about the good service they receive and you respond with insults and then wonder why the post was removed.