Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

BattleFail 1943

Search this Thread

Old 09 July 2009, 07:13 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BattleFail 1943

Avoid this on XBL for a few weeks!

Paid for it, but can not actually play the game as EA never sorted enough servers out?!?

Has anybody managed to play the game yet?

I managed a trial game no problems this morning, hence why i came home and paid for the thing

seams to be a huge problem and has been ongoing for well over 24 hours now
Old 09 July 2009, 07:36 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

Thats NOTHING, remember the hell when Half-Life 2 was released on PC? JEEZ
Old 09 July 2009, 07:52 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Could you not play the single player game when it was released ?
Old 09 July 2009, 08:50 PM
Fabioso
Scooby Regular

I played it online last night. Its ok, it wasn't as good as I was expecting but then I absolutely loved BF2 MC and never understood why EA didn't just do an updated version of that with some different maps and vehicles.

EA's arrogance gets right up my nose tbh and I feel aggrieved at giving them £10 for their latest debacle.

Roll on COD6!!!
Old 09 July 2009, 10:58 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
Could you not play the single player game when it was released ?
Oh **** me, don't get me started on this one again I'm just getting over it.

When it was released it was THE most hotly awaited game of the decade....queues around the block, people sleeping out - you can imagine the scene.

Released worldwide on the same date........

.......... with the most difficult installation routine EVER. You HAD to be connected to the internet, you HAD to instal steam. It had to register with the STEAM server of which there seemed to be only 1 and even that ahd crashed due to the demand..

Took me over 3 hours to install just to play single player
Old 10 July 2009, 07:38 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

I managed to get a few games late last night (around 11.30pm)

I quite like it, its basically a little stripped down Bad Company, a game which i loved, and one of them ones that i wish i had not traded in, once i ranked up to General in the multiplayer i had figured it was time to get rid of it.

Looking forward to Bad Company 2
Old 10 July 2009, 08:40 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

2142 was where it was at. Probably my favourite game of all time (ok maybe Counterstrike takes that mantle but close). At least for gameplay but the bugs in the game were horrific. Some days couldnt play at all and lost track of the number of times I had to reinstall it or PB.

Im playing Call of Juarez at the moment - single player is pretty trash but multiplayer is pretty entertaining. Cant beat taking someone out with a pair of six shooters

Simon
Old 10 July 2009, 01:37 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
Avoid this on XBL for a few weeks!

Paid for it, but can not actually play the game as EA never sorted enough servers out?!?

Has anybody managed to play the game yet?

I managed a trial game no problems this morning, hence why i came home and paid for the thing

seams to be a huge problem and has been ongoing for well over 24 hours now
Should have got it on PS3, no problems here

Seriously though, I quite like it. I keep thinking 'only 3 maps....' but it's only a tenner.

Shame they don't seem to have the gun turrets like on the PC version, that was a good aspect of the game, trying to sink the Jap navy!

I'm sure they will rellease more maps (and not just the one at 43million kills) for it.

The plane are very hard to fly though!

Geezer
Old 10 July 2009, 03:20 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

I was checking the PS3 forums earlier on and loads of people were starting to complain that they could not connect

managed to get a few matches this morning before EA pulled down all the servers to upgrade them, found an awesome little sniper spot that nobody seams to have discovered on one of the maps, i just camped out and started popping the heads, easy
Old 12 July 2009, 12:34 PM
Fabioso
Scooby Regular

I've had a few games online now and its growing on me. Managed to come top of my team in one round which considering I'd be languishing near the bottom was a good result for my lack of ability

I was on one of the ships on the big gun and managed to blow up plane after plane until someone came out in a boat and shot me in the back......I'm guessing one of the aggrieved pilots......
Old 12 July 2009, 01:48 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

You can snipe people on the boats from the island, although you dont get any points for killing them when they are still "at base"

It is still worth doing if some pesky ****** is a legend and taking down all your teams planes

What is the deal with all the spackers sitting around waiting for the planes anyway? i came top in a game yesterday and i had no kills, all i did was go around capturing the flags you get more points for them, so why not capture them?

Start of the game, i am off in the nearest jeep, straight to the nearest flag for some easy points, half the "team" mates are jumping up and down near the plane spawns
Old 13 July 2009, 10:45 AM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

I find the planes very difficult to fly with the joypad. Must be my age

I can play the Call of Duty games and Battlefield Bad Company ok with a controller, but I really am struggling with this.

Geezer
Old 13 July 2009, 02:58 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Plane camping was always a problem with the original Battlefield 1942 as well, could never understand it myself, I'd just rather get stuck in ! The game is ok for 1200 points, but the graphics are still way behind stuff like COD4. Destructible buildings work well though. Hopefully the PC version will be better when it comes out, but given EA and DICE's track record of delivering buggy half finished pieces of sh*t (BF2, BF2142) I won't get my hopes up !
Old 19 July 2009, 05:10 PM
Fabioso
Scooby Regular

I've been having a right laugh now playing this over the last few days. I've now got to grips with that rifle although I'm still having problems killing anyone in a tank (unless I run them over).

Best moment today was 3 enemies on foot all bunched together and I ran them all over in one go in the jeep. Hahaahaha hilarious!