Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

cod 5 pc

Search this Thread

Old 16 November 2008, 07:29 AM
Ian
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default cod 5 pc

anyone got it?
Old 16 November 2008, 09:16 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope. Decided to give it a miss for PC & PS3 and wait for #6
Old 16 November 2008, 10:01 AM
slipstream_uk
Scooby Regular

Yea Ive got it.

On the XP it crashes and locks up a lot, it runs smooth on Vista. I found on the the single player mode it was leaning on the easy side of things, finished it in one sitting.
The graphics at maxed out are sweet, but I find the game a step backwards on playability from COD 4. Ive uninstalled COD 5 already, it just doesnt make me want to come back and play it more.

Got a shot of me mates James Bond 007 Quantum of Solace, what a waste of £££. Now im on Fallout 3 & Dead Space, Im quite enjoying them at the moment .

Last edited by slipstream_uk; 16 November 2008 at 10:04 AM.
Old 16 November 2008, 05:47 PM
scoobyverysoon
.......*SMACS*...........

Location: Manchester - Official SMACS Cleaning Freak who suffers from OCD

Didnt like the beta - I will only get it if our clan decides to ditch cod 4 and impressions are is nobody like it
Old 19 November 2008, 06:28 PM
Ian
Scooby Regular

know what you mean about crashing, im running xp, and you get a really good 10+kill streak, or compleat something, then the screen goes black, and have to reboot

hope they will do a up date to sort this out.

have just hit level 24 now.

it is good fun, i like this as much as cod 4, but bet a little bore with the same guns, as they are all the same in these ww2 type games
Old 19 November 2008, 07:26 PM
scoobyverysoon

theres already cheats out for instant rank 65
Old 19 November 2008, 08:42 PM
Ian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyverysoon
theres already cheats out for instant rank 65

that would spoile it strate away
Old 19 November 2008, 10:23 PM
scoobyverysoon

yep - but people do it - people also ament there player configs to see stuff they shouldnt it winds me up when you think you cant be seen yet they see you clear as day
Old 21 November 2008, 08:54 PM
Ian
Scooby Regular

getting fed up with this now, the game freezez, and i have to restart the comp gggrrrrr

it is ok on my other games (fallout 3, cod 4 etc etc)

is it because cod 5 is bugged and needs a new patch (have all ready got 1.1) or does it sound like my comp?
Old 21 November 2008, 09:30 PM
slipstream_uk
Scooby Regular

Dont think its your pc. The game is flawed to hell, Ive got a dual boot system on my pc with xp & vista. On xp it crashes all the time, on vista runs so sweet.
Old 21 November 2008, 09:36 PM
slipstream_uk
Scooby Regular

Fixing Call of Duty (5) World at War Errors, Crashes, Freezes and Intallation Errors | Gaming News Link
Old 21 November 2008, 10:16 PM
slipstream_uk
Scooby Regular

#1 PC - Call of Duty World at War Punk Buster Error Message For Vista Users: "Punk buster B error message , No communication" By me DRAGON.

Ok well first off make sure you have punk buster installed , If you don't please go here PunkBuster Online Countermeasures and download the PB setup client for your operating system then save and run and follow the punk buster web sites info on how to install and update punk buster.

If after all the install and updating you still get a punk buster B communication error when playing in a server close the game and go to your start menu then select the control panel and then the user accounts settings , Once in there go to the option of turning On and Off your USER ACCOUNT CONTROL or UAC. Turn off your user account control and you will be prompted to restart your PC , Do so and when you come back on play the game like normal and you wont get kicked.

Please make sure you are the Admin of the PC before you change any settings and remember that by disabling the UAC you may leave your self vulnerable if you ever get a virus so use at your own risk.

Problem #2 PC - Call of Duty World at War Error Message: “Error during initialization: Unhandled exception caught”

Solution : as posted by reeven on ?

You must do this:

To remedy this problem click:
Start>Control Panel>Sound

Right Click on the default playback device (e.g. Speakers) and click properties. From there select the Advanced tab.
To eliminate this error the default playback format must be set at 24 bit 48000Hz (Studio Quality). Simply select this from the dropdown list and apply the settings.

Try launching the game now-Everything should run fine.

UPDATE THIS ONLY SEEMS TO WORK FOR VISTA USERS WE WILL FIND A FIX.

Problem #3 PC - Call of Duty World at War Error Messages:
Error: Could not load material “water_droplet”.
Error: Could not load material “water_dynamic_spray”.

——- sound system initialization ——-
Loading fastfile ‘ui’
used 39.48 MB memory in DB alloc

Error during initialization:
Unhandled exception caught

Solution : check Solution to CODWAW Problem #2

Problem #4 PC - Call of Duty World at War Black Screen problem/error

Solution #1 :as posted by remni

Ok, for everyone getting the stupid endless black screen bug, the fix is incredibly simple. Just Alt+Tab out if it to switch to a new screen. Afterwards, Alt+Tab back into it, then hit Esc. The main intro should start right up. It’s worked for me everytime so far. Now I’m not 100% sure this works on XP or not, since I use 32-bit Vista, but I imagine it will.

Solution #2 : from Anonymous @ Anonymous

Assuming you have installed Call of Duty World at War in it’s default installation directory :

Navigate to C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\video

and delete “Treyarch.bik”. It is recommended that you keep a backup of this video file

Generic Solution #1 : Make sure your video card drivers are up to date… and also make sure your sound card drivers are up to date too. Sound card drivers were known to **** CoD4 up and there was an error that required you to have a mic inserted in order to play Call of Duty 4 Multiplayer, so there’s no telling if sound cards, dedicated or built-in can screw your copy of COD WAW.

Problem #5 PC - No servers showing up in the Call of Duty World at War Multiplayer lobby

Solution : Aside from the stupid stuff like checking if cables are scured, make sure that your ports are properly forwarded. The ports that Call of Duty World at War uses are ports 28930 - 28960, there maybe more and if there are it will be posted here shortly.

ADDED BY ME DRAGON: If you use a router it may help to forward your ports for the game manually and the same for your fire wall and anti-virus if that has a built in fire wall such as AVG , You can obtain all info on how to manually forward ports as well as how to access and change ports and assign them to your games and PC by going to HTTP://PORTFORWARD.COM Please read all the info and follow all the instructions on tat web site to help you resolve any further issues you have with the connectivity of this game and if Call of duty world at war is not listed in the routers games selection you can add it yourself and use the ports which are displayed above for both TCP and UDP protocols.

Problem #6 PC - How to make your own Call of Duty World at War profile (to save configs and other stuff) / Fixing the profile error or configurations not being saved

Solution : as posted by Dustmite of Anonymous

Here’s how to fix the profile error:

Vista: Browse to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW\ players and delete everything except for the active.txt. You may need to go into the game one more time, back out, and delete more. Right click on the “players” folder and make sure it’s not set to Read Only. Now you’ll be able to create a profile for yourself.

Windows XP: “Users” is called “Documents and Setting”

Once again thank you treyarch for a great game now give me the mod tools.

Please feel free to pop in and see me @

...:::>The United Killers Online Gaming Community

Cya troops.

Update.

If you or your players get kicked from Co-op Turn off punkbuster when hosting or if you wish to play Co-op but get kicked look for non punkbuster Co-op servers.

Update #2

After installing windows XP 32bit to check out some of the bugs people are having i found a way around 1 prob , When entering a server with the game in full screen my monitor seemed to just go black or sleep , I played the game several times with diff changes and it done the same thing , I then played in a windowed mode which how i normally played and i was ok no monitor shut down no black screen.

All you do is go to your CoDWW shortcut and right click on it and go to properties and in the TARGET area you just put this in.

C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\CoDWaWmp.exe" +set r_fullscreen 0

Please remember to replace the drive name (Example mine is C:\) with the name of the drive your game is installed on.

Once you have the game in a window mode select from the in game options a lower game resolution to say a half or 1 3rd of your normal screen.

If other windows users could check this out and post if you still have this prob or if it fixed it thank you.

Update #3 Corrupt memory error for downloaded game

If you have this error CORRUPTED FILE/MEMORY[81308] Then you must have downloaded the game off the net , Its a common error if you purchased the game go back to the site you purchased it from and ask for another copy to download , Once you get that link to re-download shut off all your firewalls on your PC and Router and disable your antivirus if that has an online firewall.

NEW UPDATE #4 Xfire can cause direct X errors whilst trying to play

Some users on both windows xp have reported to me that they get a direct X .dll error when going in game , If you use xfire turn it off before entering this seems to stop it for now anyways.

NEW UPDATE #5 Textures / DirectX / 3D Runtime Errors in SP and MP - Fix

1) Upgrade to DirectX November Built and Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1
DirectX Download details: DirectX End-User Runtime
.NET Frame Download details: .NET Framework 3.5 Service pack 1

2) Go to Add/Remove Programs, Remove all Nvidia Drivers, even PhysX.(Reboot PC)

3) Downgrade to GeForce 175.19 WHQL XP/Vista Drivers (Reboot PC)
XP http://us.download.nvidia.com/Window...glish_whql.exe

4) Go to "C:\......\Call of Duty - World at War\main\video"
Remove/delete all Videos except "default.bik"

5) Play the game and have fun.

NEW UPDATE #6 Another way to make a profile if profile input keeps looping.

1: go to C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings\Application Data\Activision\CoDWaW
2: Delete __CoDWaWmp
3: Go to players\profiles and delete all the player profiles here
4: Create a folder with the name you want for your profile.
5: Create a txt file, name it “active” and write the name of the folder you’ve just created for your profile, put this txt in the profile folder not in the the folder that you just created.

Make sure your folders for your profiles are set as write to do that go to the folders you see above for your profile and right click on them and then go to properties and un-check the read only box then click Apply / Save.Do this for all the files/folders in your profiles directory.

NEW UPDATE #7 OLD GRAPHICS DRIVERS CAN WORK BETTER THAN NEW ONES.

It seems that the earlier nvidia drivers are more stable for running call of duty world at war than the newer and beta ones , The best one to try and run the game if you have any major errors is GeForce 175.19 WHQL XP/Vista Drivers both for windows xp and vista the links will be below.These are USA drivers which can be used in both UK and USA.

REMEMBER TO ALWAYS UNINSTALL YOUR OLD DRIVERS THEN RESTART THEN INSTALL THIS ONE THEN RESTRT AGAIN BEFORE PLAYING ANY GAMES , IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS IT CAN CORRUPT YOUR DRIVERS.

Windows xp 32bit version for 7 , 8 and 9 series graphics cards.
GeForce Release 175

Windows xp 64bit version for 7 , 8 and 9 series graphics cards.
techPowerUp! :: Download NVIDIA ForceWare 175.19 XP 64-bit

Windows Vista 32bit version for 7 , 8 and 9 series cards.
GeForce Release 175

Windows Vista 64bit version for 7 , 8 and 9 series cards.
GeForce Release 175

Un sure about ATI cards please excuse my ignorance.

Use at your own risk.

NEW UPDATE #8 RCON TOOL FOR WORLD AT WAR

http://forum.i3d.net/downloads.php?d...=1802&act=down
Old 22 November 2008, 07:33 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

This is one of the reasons I have now switched to a PS3 for gaming, PCs have too many different configurations to cater for and are far too buggy.

No system is perfect obviously, but it's the same old story on PCs. Also, I know that I don't have to worry about the upgrade game until the next new console comes out, and that will invariably be less than a new processor, mobo and GFX card!

Geezer
Old 23 November 2008, 01:23 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Running it on 32bit Vista - no issues, still think PC's rule for FPS....
Old 02 December 2008, 10:16 AM
megabits
Scooby Newbie

Unhappy please help resolve this

you guys sound like you know what your talking about so .. heres my problem with cod 5
im running windows 32bit xp
amd athlon 1800 (1.49ghz) 2gig ddr400 ram 7800gs nvidea card.

i know this is below the recommended specs for this game , but i dont believe this has anything to do with the error , as i have run serveral games above these specs requirements with only some small lag.

ive installed cod 5 and patched latest 1.1 patch.
when i try to run game i get an error
codwawmp.exe which is multiplayer exe file this is one of those dont send errors.
same happens when i run solo mode i get error app.codwaw.exe

so to put it short i cant run the game at all
i have resinstalled /updated drivers/ done everything else i could find on the net about it. seems to be no answer or explanation.
Old 02 December 2008, 07:40 PM
slipstream_uk
Scooby Regular

megabits, is it a pirate version or legit version ?

if its a pirate versions when you update games it overwrites the games exe's, in which return stops the game working.