Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

rFactor

Search this Thread

Old 02 March 2008, 06:05 PM
Awesomepossum
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rFactor

Anyone on here play/use rFactor

Couple of cracking mods just been released that have managed to break my addiction to FIFA on the 360

1955 and 1988 F1 cars are awesome

E21 BMW handle amazing and screams to 10500rpm.

800hp Rallycross mod at Croft is spot on for the chaos factor

Birmingham Superprix street circuit is brilliantly recreated for us to redo some of the battles from the Cleland/Soper era.

Just upgraded the gfx card and now have it running at full tilt in the gfx dept

Happy bunny
Old 02 March 2008, 06:15 PM
Awesomepossum
Scooby Regular

1988 F1 car at Birmingham

YouTube - F1 1988 rFactor mod - Birmingham

BMW E21 mod at Toban

YouTube - BMW 320 E21
Old 02 March 2008, 07:55 PM
turbomatt
Scooby Regular

Looks good, I play gtr2 myself as it has a great online mode,Can you ply online with this?
Old 02 March 2008, 08:20 PM
Awesomepossum
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by turbomatt
Looks good, I play gtr2 myself as it has a great online mode,Can you ply online with this?
Has an brilliant online side to the game

Raced in a lobby earlier today with 32 other drivers round Bathurst in the BMW E21.

And the Brucie bonus is you dont need a super fandango machine to run it
Old 02 March 2008, 09:53 PM
Pumpkin
Scooby Senior

I much prefer Live for Speed. Cars and circuits may be 'pretend' but very realistic and well supported. Online racing is great provided you buy it and can get on the private servers without the kiddies.
Old 03 March 2008, 09:01 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Pumpkin
I much prefer Live for Speed. Cars and circuits may be 'pretend' but very realistic and well supported. Online racing is great provided you buy it and can get on the private servers without the kiddies.
agreed, i could never get into rfactor and gtr, they just seamed a bit to "arcadey" in the physics depertment, the latest LFS update with the sequential gear boxes, plus soem fo the cars now having clipping clutch troubles is amazing IMHO

been part of the conedodgers GTR race team on LFS since it was formed, some of the team races are top bollock with no n00bs allowed

the first 2 seasons of the GTR league was awesome racing, some of the public servers are just asking for trouble tho LOL

i even got sent this t-shirt by the "team boss" as a freebie, although i dont wear it as

1. i`m not that geeky
2. it is 2 sizes to small anyway
3. the G/F stole it as a nightie

no doubt the other team members wear there shirts 24/7 when racing
Old 03 March 2008, 09:09 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

lets play "spot the stolen scoobynet smiley GIF"

into t1 at "aston national"
Old 03 March 2008, 09:51 PM
Awesomepossum
Scooby Regular

Need to look into LFS, tried the Demo back to back with rFactor and i felt that rFactor felt better, had some trouble initailly getting the Logitech DFP to work on LFS so i opted for rFactor.

No way i would describe rFactor as arcadey, with all the assists off it is proper bo. I can do similer times and lines round knockhill in the Hawkeye mod as i can do in my own STI2 modded

Will obtain LFS at the week end and give it a damn good try out.

Is there any real car mods for LFS?

How would i gain access to some decent LFS racing on Private servers?

Does the Logitech DFP work well with LFS
Old 03 March 2008, 11:29 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

i have only ever used the DFP with LFS to be honest, apart from when scoobynet had a demo server years ago and i tried the keyboard/mouse.

most people tend to use either the dfp or the new g25 thing
to be honest i prefer the dfp as you get a lot more buttons (the d-pad etc etc)

i have my dpad setup to look left/right/back and upwards beeps the horn
other buttons for flashing lights, pitlane limiter/reset car etc etc

my paddle buttons are setup for clutch and handbrake as sometimes i need to whack a bit of handbrake on when going for a crazy overtaking move and i have over cooked the entry speed LOL

same with the clutch, the amount of times i have had to get out the way of crashing cars at hairpin, and i know the team mates behind me wont lift, if i lift+brake the gits will overtake me, so a flick of the clutch button and some bad *** 4wd drifting around the crashed cars normally works wonders, probably looks awesome at the same time LOL

reminds me of the time i was bang into the first conedodgers GTR season, i remember spending days trying to beat the qualifying time, got in and made it my goal to get to division 1 (i started in division 5) i raced and raced and raced and actually managed to get into divion 1 and finished around 8th iirc) i took the scooby out for a drive one day, one of them spirited twisty jobbies out in the middle of nowhere, into a hairpin, i turned in really hard and tight and reached behind my steering wheel to hit the paddle to slip the clutch to do a 4wd powerslide i was like "where the ****s the paddle gone, ohhh **** this is my real car, ****TT" LOL

you cant really mod LFS, unless its an official patch, you can get mods to change car shapes and stuff but you cant play online, back end of last year, a new car was released anyway, but i don't like it, i usually just drive one of the 3 "big" gtr cars 95% of the time.

most people find LFS feels a bit "slippy" when they fist start driving compared with other sims, the problem i felt with rfactor was the car simply would not hold a slide and drift properly, it just felt weird, really bizarre behaviour, like the physics part was made from custard

Last edited by StickyMicky; 03 March 2008 at 11:34 PM.