Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Rfactor

Search this Thread

Old 06 May 2007, 10:10 PM
Awesomepossum
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rfactor

Loving this game at the mo on the PC but and this is a big but can anyone explain how to include the add ons from the like of rTracker » rFactor « Mods, Tracks, Setups, Templates, Videos, Sounds, Series, DTM, F1, Nascar, A1GP, GTR, GTR2, GTR 2, GTL | Motorsport, Sim Race Game, Racing Simulator | Torrent, RSS.

I have downloaded and unzipped the .rar torrent file but the head scatcher is how to get them to work and where to i put the files in the RFactor folder.

I tried earlier to get the Historic FIA saloon cars (248mb file that had Mini, Jag, Abarth and the like) to work but PC freaked out and would not load at all. I had to re install the game to get RFactor to function again.

Any help appreciatted as i think this game has great potential to ruin my life
Old 06 May 2007, 11:50 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

This sim looks amazing, surprised I didn't come across this earlier. I am downloading now and will try to install a add-on, should be able to advise you what to do.
Old 07 May 2007, 08:11 AM
kernel
Scooby Regular

Sadly the area of installing mods and tracks varies for each. However a lot are supported by something called ModMan (same program works for GTR/GTR2/GTL)

However manual installs usually vary around unzipp'ing/unrar'ing to the install directory, or to the gamedata sub directory or to the locations one below that.

Some come with standard Window's style installers.

rFactor Central - Community Driven Race Sim Resource for rFactor by ISI // Car mods, Track mods, Car Setups, Screenshots is a good source of all things rFactor.
Old 07 May 2007, 08:27 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by finalzero
This sim looks amazing, surprised I didn't come across this earlier. I am downloading now and will try to install a add-on, should be able to advise you what to do.

it looks good, i agree

but it tends to play pretty crap IMO

i think you have to reverse the forcefeedback settings to get it to "feel right"

that reminds me, i must hunt down the installation folder and delete it sometime lol
Old 07 May 2007, 08:32 AM
kernel
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
i think you have to reverse the forcefeedback settings to get it to "feel right"
rFactor FF doesn't seem as good as say GTR2/GTL which is a little surprising as all games are based on the same engine.

The reverse effects is a Logitech thing with all these games too.
Old 07 May 2007, 08:38 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

i felt as if the tyres were "wrong" when i tried it out, i found it hard to judge how much grip was available, i also tried to do a pit manoeuvre on one of the AI cars and ended up sending myself off lol.

i haven't played it online (assume you can) so that mode is probably much better as everybody has the same problems to deal with, but even trying to drive around the track by myself i found really strange.