Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Surveillance software - where from ???

Search this Thread

Old 01 February 2008, 11:53 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Surveillance software - where from ???

Anyone know where exactly in the public domain I will find this or other similar cctv surveillance software ??

yep I know its cheap at only £4 but its even cheaper if I can find it or similar myself on the net just like the seller himself has done !!!

ebay link :

VIDEO SURVEILLANCE CCTV SECURITY WEBCAM REMOTE MONITOR on eBay, also Other Graphics Multimedia, Graphics Multimedia, Software, Computing (end time 03-Feb-08 22:30:00 GMT)
Old 03 February 2008, 11:00 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Anyone ??
Old 03 February 2008, 11:18 AM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Cant you just google for open source video surveillance software?

His software is free and quite openly states that, however he isnt going to tell where it come from is he
Old 03 February 2008, 11:58 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Okay thanks for your reply , did not say his software was not free did I ?? and yep I cant see him telling everyone where it originates on the net ??

simply asked if anyone had come across this particular software before or similar ??

bit confused by your reply really mate ??!!
Old 03 February 2008, 12:35 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Well, he openly states his software is open source under GNU, but he doesnt say what the software is called

I dont know what the software is called and without buying a copy your not likely to find out, so as I dont know what the software is called it makes it diffcult to search for it, hence me saying could you not search google for open source video surveillance software and look through all the ones that come up till you find a screen shot of one that matches the one the seller is selling

If you want it for its features, just buy it, its only 4 quid, or if you want it so you can re-sell on, then buy it so you know what software it is, then sell it on yourself

Not sure on the legalitlies of selling 'free open source software' unless his fee is for something else like postage & packing or duplication costs

Anyway in answer to your original question No, I havent come across this software before, but google would be the first place I would look, I was only trying to help
Old 03 February 2008, 01:31 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sonic'
Well, he openly states his software is open source under GNU, but he doesnt say what the software is called

I dont know what the software is called and without buying a copy your not likely to find out, so as I dont know what the software is called it makes it diffcult to search for it, hence me saying could you not search google for open source video surveillance software and look through all the ones that come up till you find a screen shot of one that matches the one the seller is selling

If you want it for its features, just buy it, its only 4 quid, or if you want it so you can re-sell on, then buy it so you know what software it is, then sell it on yourself

Not sure on the legalitlies of selling 'free open source software' unless his fee is for something else like postage & packing or duplication costs

Anyway in answer to your original question No, I havent come across this software before, but google would be the first place I would look, I was only trying to help

No probs mate again appreciatte you were only trying to help and possibly picked you up wrong in your original reply ??!! yep okay thought maybe the screen shot off the software itself from within the advert might have made anyone who has tried a few off thse surveillance software packages out possibly remember its name ??

regards the selling off the software on ebay well he does as you have pointed out state that the software is open source, its obviously a demo version as it also states that there is a faint background image within the captured software until you have fully registed the software itself, he then goes on to say that he is not actually selling the software as such the fee is for the original souring off the software / ebay selling fees etc - fair enough !!

anyway will probably just pay the £4 and have a play about with it and should anyone elsebe wanting a link wil gladly provide it !!!

in the meantime if anyone does have any links to this or any other similar type surveillance type software then please do let me know ??

again no offence mate appreciatte your reply think I just picked you up wrong in the first instance ??!!

cheers
Old 03 February 2008, 02:28 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Its ok, it was a quick reply I did

Ive had a look and read more what he says, so he isn't breaking any open source infringements

I did do a quick google and it came up with quite a few surveillance software packages, all shareware or mostly shareware, they dont all provide screenshots so a bit difficult to work out if they are the same one or not

Best guess is either buy that one, so you can find out which one it is, or try a few of the ones out there and see if they match the one in the ebay ad

However it is only £4 so may well be worth buying to find out which one it is