Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Which Inkjet Printer?

Search this Thread

Old 21 December 2007, 03:15 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Inkjet Printer?

I'm after a new printer that will be used in the home for printing basic B&W text (letters) and less often photo's, buisness cards (on A4 - to be cut up), etc.

My budget is up to £100 but preferable under £85.

My requirements/priorities are:

Quality - fairly important, must be able to print nice, clear photo's on glossy paper.

Speed - not so important, it won't be used that often and never in a rush. Happy to print at less than 0.5ppm when seeking top quality.

Running Costs - Fairly important; I don't want to have to spend tons just to keep an infrequent use printer running (seperate black cartridge important).

Wireless - This would be a BIG bonus. I basically want wireless and would only live without it if it really wasn't justifiable in my price range or requires too many compromises.

Reliability - Very important; in my experience inkjets can be a PITA when they don't get used that often. I want to be able to turn it on after a month of sitting doing nothing, let it warm up and print perfectly.

Borderless Printing - Important, I want this ability.

Size - A4; if I can get A3 at this price without compromise on on other factors then great but A4 is fine.

Noise - Not a big issues, won't be used often enough.

Definate "no go's":

Lexmark Z1480 Wireless - It appears to meet my requirement but I've read a lot of bad reviews.

Thanks in advance
Old 21 December 2007, 11:20 PM
Dazza's-STi
Scooby Regular

I'velooked into this too, but with a different slant... however a coupleto consider...
Kodak 5300 all in one,,, ecelent reviews and very cheap to run,,, less than half the cost of a normal inkjet.
Canon, MP600r inks not cheap but it has wireless and does a top job...
with your requirments then i go Kodak, find a review on google.
daz
Old 21 December 2007, 11:41 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

talking about inkjets beng a PITA

I got my old Epson Stylus 670 out of the loft after 7 years of gathering dust, turned it on, did a clean of the inks (using the software ) perfect prints using the pc world 4 quid cheap own brand 10 year old inks

now THAT is reliable, doesnt quite cut it in todays standards I know, but that is one hell of a reliable printer
Old 22 December 2007, 12:40 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Dazz, only issue with both of those is that they are all-in-one which I don't really need or want and which adds to their physical bulk.