Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Aria - Praise Worthy!

Search this Thread

Old 21 December 2007, 03:47 PM
Stainy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aria - Praise Worthy!

It's not often that I'm surprised by good customer service and most computer suppliers I use are abysmal after the initial sale.

Credit where credit's due though.

I bought an item from Aria Technology (computer hardware, components, systems and peripherals at the lowest prices from IT supplier Aria Technology) in September and have only just had cause to fit it....works fine, except there's a missing cable.

I emailed them on the off chance they would be interested in finding me one (I should have checked originally, I know)

6 MINUTES LATER they replied - found one and posted

I've not had many dealings with them, but if this is the norm, god help the other suppliers. I'll be using these more in the future.

Im not connected with them, just thought I'd share a good story for once.

Last edited by Stainy; 21 December 2007 at 03:49 PM. Reason: to pint out that the link changed by itself - I just typed "aria" lol
Old 21 December 2007, 09:55 PM
Pumpkin
Scooby Senior

I've used Aria in the past and would recommend them.

I had a CD explode in a CD drive and it wiped out the drive. Aria replaced it without quibble.
Old 22 December 2007, 06:00 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

I find they are ok.

Delivery had missing address details (although we gave them) resulting in shipment taking longer that it should.

Also at the time certain parts showed as "in stock" were not; they were shipped direct from the supplier (eg: Western Digital Hard drives)...which were out of stock at the supplier, thus delayed, then they went up and down the country several times due to ommited address information (courrier's fault, but still, they are the ones who need to keep tabs on who they use).

Meanwhile I was on the blower daily to try and find what was going on.

It usually took about 15mins for calls to get answered, which is ok, but when multiple calls are needed, it gets annoying. Esepcially when I was told they'd call back and they didn't.

Not only that:

To make it worse I had an array of goods I ordered go faulty (sheer bad luck - I'm sure the HDs suffered from being on a trek round the globe).

And the turn around was slow. It took 14 days to asses the faulty components, before shipping out replacements/refunding.

Seeing these were business machines we did at least negociate to have new drives shipped out on credit so we at least had some working machines within the same week - not 14 to 20 days later (depending of if the courrier screws up the address info again). But they were quite unwilling at first.

I got there in the end, and at least there was some customer service, but it does depend who you get; Some of the blokes I talked to can be really condescending. I can understand lots of people do return non-faulty good because they are doing something wrong, but even then its not called for.

Would I use them again? maybe: Would I make them my no.1 reatiler? No, not really. They are Ok, but not that much better than other retailer I've used.

Last edited by Shark Man; 22 December 2007 at 06:02 PM.
Old 22 December 2007, 06:02 PM
gazza-uk
Scooby Regular

I used them once, never again!