Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Laserjet printer problem

Search this Thread

Old 28 April 2002, 08:14 PM
Jer
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a HP 1100 laserjet printer. At work on Friday a sticky label got stuck in the printers cartridge. This caused the printer to jam up and it started to make a clicking noise. I replaced the cartridge but now it won't print out properly. Two vertical white lines appear all the way through the document. I have tried all the simple stuff such as checking settings and have tried two new cartridges. Also I have striped the printer down but can't see anything obvious wrong. How do laserjet printers work, what could need cleaned or replaced.

Cheers

Jeremy
Old 28 April 2002, 08:28 PM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

Worth havin a look at the fuser unit mate! It'll be very hot if the printers been used so not easy to mistake!!!!

Hope this helps?

Nick
Old 28 April 2002, 08:35 PM
Jer
Scooby Regular

yea I see it it's like two rollers one has loose plastic round it. But I cant see any damage.

Cheers

Jeremy
Old 29 April 2002, 12:57 PM
Darren Thompson
Scooby Regular

You need to open the printer up to get to both fuser rollers which is not a job for the faint hearted, I repair these on site for a living as well as PC's networks and all the other crap you have to do when on site.

The printer sounds to me like you have labels stuck to the fuser, let me know more about the area on the page were there is no print and I might be able to help.

Daz.
Old 29 April 2002, 02:02 PM
Jer
Scooby Regular

Hi Daz

The first line is 4cm in and about 1cm in width. The second line is 11cm in and is the same width as the first line. The Text starts to fade before it stops printing all together then fades back. The space between the lines is about 6mm wider than the labels we use.

Cheers

Jeremy