Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

New Gran Turismo 5 trailer

Search this Thread

Old 23 August 2007, 07:06 PM
spectrum48k
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Gran Turismo 5 trailer

Gametrailers.com - Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, GC 2007 Trailer
Old 23 August 2007, 08:10 PM
chrisowe
Scooby Regular

It doesn't really show you much new TBH.
Old 23 August 2007, 08:30 PM
RB5-Black
Scooby Regular

Nothing but pre-renders ...

When are the games coming for this gimped console ?
Old 23 August 2007, 08:38 PM
spectrum48k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chrisowe
It doesn't really show you much new TBH.
I noticed you can see into the cars more now - eg. the racing seat, driver, etc...

granted though, it needs to really shift up a gear (sorry about that), to be considered an evolution in the series. Bouncing off walls and cars is soooo yesteryear.
Old 23 August 2007, 08:58 PM
VoteConservative!
BANNED

Wow! This game is gonna blow forza 2 away!
Old 23 August 2007, 09:26 PM
RB5-Black
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by VoteConservative!
Wow! This game is gonna blow forza 2 away!
with it's grade A bouncing off walls racing

Whilst PS3 owners wait for the big hitters to finally appear for the £400 black brick. 360 owners have been playing the so-called next gen for the last 2 years. Forza is a great game with THE best racing game physics I have played on any console. So if GT5 is better (oh wait this is just the half a$$ed copy to get more money out of you for a half finished game) the Kudos. But I just can't see it from what I've played on the Demo and seen on the Vids.
Old 23 August 2007, 09:57 PM
Awesomepossum
Scooby Regular

Forza is not the B all and end all of console racers, the damage is way too light to be considered simulation and the lack of an in car view bugs the hell out of me along with the weak Microsoft wheel. Bloody brilliant game that i hope to go back to sometime but there are a few niggles

I think the GT series will come good due to a couple of factors

More cars on track, 8 is rather poor considering my 5 year old spec can throw 30 plus cars around rFactor without any hassles, i counted 14 cars in one single view on that GT5 demo. This i like and this i consider to be progress on a next gen console

Incar view, although not a strict neccecity but it is a feature i have grown to like a lot on the old rFactor. Again i consider this to be progress on a next gen console.

Proper 900 degrees of steering input and a decent chunky feel to the wheel, hopefully it will support the G25.

Hypothetical question gentlemen, what if Microsoft had witheld the 360 back for 18 months and released a machine capable for the job, i mean in the sense of reliablity, decent dick capacity, decent hard drive capacity and connectivity to HD compliant outputs. Would it have been a better feeling if you were not sitting there waiting for the 3 lights of death

In my opinion Microsoft rushed the release of the 360 to get a jump on the offering from Sony but Sony has released the machine more capable of the task, again in the context of reliabilty and capacity. Strip down a PS3 into its seperate components and it works out not too bad value. £280 for a next gen capable console with 60gb hard drive, £100 for a Blu - Ray player and an Internet Browser with free online gaming for another £40. It is only now Microsoft has had the time to develop the reliabilty side and connectivity side of the 360 in the form of the Elite and this new offering still lags behind the PS3 in overall spec.

Not a PS3 or 360 fanboy as i have both but i am looking forward to the release of GT5 in either prologue or full edition

Now i must return to rFactor and remember this is my opinion so dont shoot me
YouTube - rFactor Drifting Work In Progress
YouTube - 2ch V8Factor Season3 Bathurst(R2) First Lap(18_Dec2006)
Old 23 August 2007, 10:03 PM
Awesomepossum
Scooby Regular

Off work in a couple of weeks so probably get back into Forza then

TheSquirrel555 will be back and this time No More Mr Nice Guy
Old 23 August 2007, 10:32 PM
RB5-Black
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Awesomepossum
Off work in a couple of weeks so probably get back into Forza then

TheSquirrel555 will be back and this time No More Mr Nice Guy
Bring it
Old 23 August 2007, 10:57 PM
G00ner
Scooby Regular

Location: Poole - in an Isuzu D-Max LE (Prodrive Version) Gamer Tag "Coin Slot"

decent dick capacity
Old 23 August 2007, 10:59 PM
Awesomepossum
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RB5-Black
Bring it
Had to take a break to give you guys a chance to practise

Old 23 August 2007, 11:01 PM
Awesomepossum
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by G00ner
Fruedian slip my friend.

Sometimes i amaze myself with such levels of genius
Old 24 August 2007, 09:20 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Shows nothing really. Simple fact with racers is about how they drive and until you can play them the rest is pretty much pointless. No damage though means crap racing unless with mates who want to race. It will be bumper cars otherwise.
Old 24 August 2007, 03:11 PM
VoteConservative!
BANNED

Originally Posted by RB5-Black
with it's grade A bouncing off walls racing

Whilst PS3 owners wait for the big hitters to finally appear for the £400 black brick. 360 owners have been playing the so-called next gen for the last 2 years. Forza is a great game with THE best racing game physics I have played on any console. So if GT5 is better (oh wait this is just the half a$$ed copy to get more money out of you for a half finished game) the Kudos. But I just can't see it from what I've played on the Demo and seen on the Vids.
I disagree. There wasnt really any game on the 360 that warrant it sales until gears of war came out. Before that all the games out on the 360 were mediocre and quite frankly very unexciting.

As for physics computer racers put forza to shame and I reckon enthusia on the PS2 has also got forza licked. Infact forza is still too powerslidey/drifty, and my 500hp FWD cars just seem to grip to the road like glue when in real life they would under steer straight into a brickwall/bush/kerb etc.

In the end the PS3 will overcome the 360, of which its already showing its flaws. As soon as the price drops a little more, and there have been some big games and one or two christmas seasons everyone in the UK will again be on their playstation.
Old 24 August 2007, 03:16 PM
VoteConservative!
BANNED

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
Shows nothing really. Simple fact with racers is about how they drive and until you can play them the rest is pretty much pointless. No damage though means crap racing unless with mates who want to race. It will be bumper cars otherwise.
Not really because in all the online races I have been in forza the damage simulation is only on cosmetic anyway, and people who delibrately try to crash get turned into ghosts. Damage is overrated unless you crash alot, unable to keep the vehicle on the road or outbreak yourself. If that person is you doesnt it eventually get a bit frustrating anyway?
Old 24 August 2007, 03:37 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Not really because in all the online races I have been in forza the damage simulation is only on cosmetic anyway, and people who delibrately try to crash get turned into ghosts. Damage is overrated unless you crash alot, unable to keep the vehicle on the road or outbreak yourself. If that person is you doesnt it eventually get a bit frustrating anyway?
You do realise you can start your own game with the damage on simulation Fact is if somebody knows slamming into your car will put them out of the race it will put off a lot of people from driving round bouncing off things. With zero damage on you get idiots using your car to brake and sending you flying off into the gravel. some damage is essential in online racers for me.
Old 24 August 2007, 03:40 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

I disagree. There wasnt really any game on the 360 that warrant it sales until gears of war came out. Before that all the games out on the 360 were mediocre and quite frankly very unexciting.

As for physics computer racers put forza to shame and I reckon enthusia on the PS2 has also got forza licked. Infact forza is still too powerslidey/drifty, and my 500hp FWD cars just seem to grip to the road like glue when in real life they would under steer straight into a brickwall/bush/kerb etc.

In the end the PS3 will overcome the 360, of which its already showing its flaws. As soon as the price drops a little more, and there have been some big games and one or two christmas seasons everyone in the UK will again be on their playstation.
Yes that may very well be the case but you're talking a good while away there when 360's owners are having fun now!
Old 24 August 2007, 03:46 PM
VoteConservative!
BANNED

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
You do realise you can start your own game with the damage on simulation Fact is if somebody knows slamming into your car will put them out of the race it will put off a lot of people from driving round bouncing off things. With zero damage on you get idiots using your car to brake and sending you flying off into the gravel. some damage is essential in online racers for me.
Well I had some competitive racing on PGR 3 without damage. The most fun I have had in an online racer is Live for speed thought using Gran Turismos logitech wheel!