Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Anyone with a wireless mouse?

Search this Thread

Old 16 April 2004, 01:56 PM
The_Gza
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone with a wireless mouse?

Looking at replacing my standard one with the MS Wireless Optical Mouse. Any owners on here care to give their review?

Or any alternatives out there worth looking at?

Don't really need a massive range as it'll be sitting on the desk anyway, but useful to get rid of the wire!
Old 16 April 2004, 02:01 PM
judgejules
Scooby Regular

Logitech MX900 bluetooth is the NUTS (also do MX700 wireless). High speed xfer so you dont get any cursor lag either Logi's come with docking stations which charge the mouse unlike the MS one I tried ages ago (might do now though, not looked).

Running a bluetooth version here for the last few weeks and I luuuv it.

J
Old 16 April 2004, 02:19 PM
Jen_M
Scooby Regular

Got a microsoft keyboard and mouse - so only need one transmitter. Brilliant, had them for about eight weeks now.

Still got original batteries in.

Jen

Last edited by Jen_M; 16 April 2004 at 03:39 PM.
Old 16 April 2004, 02:24 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

I've been using a wireless optical intellimouse explorer (5 buttons I think) on one of my home pcs for several months now. Works absolutely flawlessly, and the battery life seems pretty good as well (2-3 months on average with almost daily use).

Iain
Old 16 April 2004, 02:30 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Best bet is one with a docking station to recharge the batteries in the mouse. I've got a cheapo TCM one running off USB, mouse lasts about 3days without charging. Its fine but the cursor will lag if you move the mouse to quickly. Most of the time its fine though.
Old 16 April 2004, 02:47 PM
adpd
Scooby Regular

I have the M$ Wireless Optical Intellimouse Explorer - and it is great for general use.

I use the M$ Wired Optical Intellimouse Explorer for Adobe Photoshop work - when you are working in single pixels as I prefer the accuracy and response (not that the wireless one is innacurate or unresponsive - if you see what I mean).

Worth it if you want to use it for office apps and simple games.
Old 16 April 2004, 03:22 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by adpd
I have the M$ Wireless Optical Intellimouse Explorer - and it is great for general use.

I use the M$ Wired Optical Intellimouse Explorer for Adobe Photoshop work - when you are working in single pixels as I prefer the accuracy and response (not that the wireless one is innacurate or unresponsive - if you see what I mean).

Worth it if you want to use it for office apps and simple games.
Not sure what the problem is. I use mine for games (Far cry, Battlefield Vietnam etc) and there is no lag.

I also do a fair amount of 3d graphics work (with Lightwave and Photoshop), and find the wireless mouse very responsive. Certainly as good as the wired optical mouse I am using on the other machine.

Perhaps you have the receiver a bit far away from the mouse (or something is interfereing with the signal).

Iain
Old 16 April 2004, 03:27 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Talking

I've got the Microsoft wireless keyboard and optical mouse - great bits of kit. I've used them both for 8 or 9 months - no problems at all. Battery life on the keyboard is excellent and the mouse isn't bad either. Use decent batteries and it should last for quite a few months. Highly recommended.

Chris
Old 16 April 2004, 03:36 PM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

I've got 2 intellimouse explorers. One the 5 button one (at work) which is now almost 3 years old, and tother a brand spanker (at home) with only 3 buttons but sideways scroll.

Very good meeces the both of them. Good speed and accuracy, the only quibble I have is on the older 5 button one the batteries now go very quickly, but the new version this has improved alot. The new one also has a carbon fibre type paintjob which is nice.
Old 16 April 2004, 03:37 PM
The_Gza
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks guys

Looks like a purchase is on the cards!