Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Freeserve Anytime to Broadband.....

Search this Thread

Old 09 July 2003, 12:26 PM
Fast_Blue_Scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Switched over to Broadband in the middle of May. When I first called them to switch over, I cancelled my Anytime account. However I was told that they wouldn't be able to stop my payment of £14.99 as it was due out 2 days later. But not to worry as I would get a refund.

I phoned them a week later after finding out that my anytime account was still active. I was told that they would close it asap and I would get a refund.

At the end of May it was cancelled but no refund cheque. So I phoned again and was told that the refund was being processed. A week later and still nothing. So rather than spend more on the phone bill, I emailed them. Same reply, your refund is being processed. This went on for another month!

So still waiting for the refund cheque to arrive, I phoned them this morning to try and sort it out, once and for all. After being told to ring the broadband number, then the anytime number as I was told both were responsible for the refund, I was eventually told that as the £14.99 payment had already been taken out, I was not due a refund!!! WHAT!!!

However all my calls had been logged and it was plain to see that I had cancelled my anytime contract verbally before the advanced payment was due. I have now been told to write a letter of complaint to get a possible refund. WHAT A CARRY ON!!

So my question is, has anyone got a refund when they have switched from anytime to broadband?

I am certainly not paying for something that I asked to be cancelled nor paying for something when it was cancelled and they are trying to charge me for 3 weeks of no service!!