Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

ADSL Plus.Net Anyone using them ?

Search this Thread

Old 09 February 2003, 09:54 AM
Trumble
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Having perused the DSL suppliers out there I;m thinking of swapping from demon (ISDN) to plus.net.

Anyone had any experience with them ? good / bad / indifferent ?

or should I go elsewhere ?

T.
Old 09 February 2003, 11:11 AM
Phantom_Flan_Flinger
Scooby Regular

I've been with Plusnet for over a year now.

There have been connection and speed problems recently but hopefully they've been resolved now.

You should have a look at ADSLguide
Old 09 February 2003, 11:22 AM
stevem2k
Scooby Regular

Had a big problem with them just blowing away all my webspace , because I'd left a *debatable* file up there and forgot to remove it a couple of hours later ( not indexed or searchable or anything ).

No questions, no advisory, no phone call. Just gone.. all 800meg of genuine stuff went with it.

I'd never touch 'em again, while I admit I was wrong to drop that file in ( & more importantly, daft to forget to delete it ) it would have taken 4 seconds of customer service time to drop a mail to the postmaster@ account advising to remove.

Steve
Old 09 February 2003, 11:50 AM
Trumble
Scooby Regular

Ok so strike plus.net who else - also dont like the sound of VPN restrictions on cable!

T.
Old 09 February 2003, 01:20 PM
stevem2k
Scooby Regular

Demon are my adsl isp... no probs with service, or any restrictions. Billing can be an issue with them. My hosting is done via HostPlus these days.

Eclipse is rated highly, as is Nildram.

Steve
Old 09 February 2003, 04:02 PM
cumbrianbloke
Scooby Newbie

Had a big problem with them just blowing away all my webspace , because I'd left a *debatable* file up there and forgot to remove it a couple of hours later ( not indexed or searchable or anything ).

No questions, no advisory, no phone call. Just gone.. all 800meg of genuine stuff went with it.

The reason it would of been removed is because of the debatable file, web space is for website related files not for passing files between users, thing called FTP for that.
Old 09 February 2003, 09:09 PM
stevem2k
Scooby Regular

And you are ?
Old 10 February 2003, 12:33 AM
cumbrianbloke
Scooby Newbie

Currently working for Plus.Net
Old 10 February 2003, 01:08 AM
cumbrianbloke
Scooby Newbie

Quelle surprise, do they have a optimised search engine for plusnet complaints then ? I notice your previous message was post no.1, so can only assume you aren't registered on the site due to any interest in Subaru's ....
**I have browsed this site for a while and never posted till today, thus first post was today.**

Care to explain the lack of any type of customer service then ?
**There is customer services, it just seems you have been unlucky in how your problems have been delt with.**

Please don't try to refer me to the T's & C's of the account 'as published' like one person did, as it was a F9 silver account, and they aren't ( published, that is ).
**I wont refer you to any T&C's , You said that the file that was there was on rocky ground, thus braking the T&C's**

One poxy email would have saved you a longstanding (3yrs+) customer and maybe gained you some more.
**Would you like me to get this looked in to? As I am sure you can understand if a customer uploads many mp3's or such to the webspace we will remove that. But I can not fully comment on your own instance as I do not know the full history of this.

I do not what a debate on what is the right and wrong way for anything, just putting an point across that is all.**
Old 10 February 2003, 06:27 AM
Jeff Wiltshire
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you admit to working for a Vendor and then make a point in response to a problem that counts as a debate.....

I have just moved away from F9/PlusNet simply because they weren't to my liking as an ISP.
Old 10 February 2003, 07:53 AM
Trumble
Scooby Regular

Go for it peeps - I only wanted to know if they're any good.

Looks like the heated debate has answered by question

Looks like I'll stick with demon.

T.
Old 02 October 2003, 12:45 AM
stevem2k
Scooby Regular

Quelle surprise, do they have a optimised search engine for plusnet complaints then ? I notice your previous message was post no.1, so can only assume you aren't registered on the site due to any interest in Subaru's ....

Care to explain the lack of any type of customer service then ?

Please don't try to refer me to the T's & C's of the account 'as published' like one person did, as it was a F9 silver account, and they aren't ( published, that is ).

One poxy email would have saved you a longstanding (3yrs+) customer and maybe gained you some more.

Well done.

If you want to take it offline to save the moderators and the rest of the forum from this, my address is in my profile. I would have done this with this post, but you appear to have omitted yours..

[Edited by stevem2k - 2/10/2003 12:54:07 AM]