Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Printer conflicting with MS Word

Search this Thread

Old 11 November 2002, 11:44 AM
Jer
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a Brother 1470N connected through a server using it’s own IP Address. I am having a problem with Microsoft Word, when I install the printer on to some clients Word starts to slow down the egg timer flashes then Word crashes. When I remove the driver everything starts working okay. I have reinstalled the driver on the server, checked for IP conflicts and updated the driver.
This seems to have happened since getting the Bugbear virus although it could just be coincidence.
This seems very strange as it works with some clients but not others.

Can Bugbear change the firmware on the printer? I have tried to update the firmware but it’s asking for a password that I can’t remember setting.

Any Ideas
Old 11 November 2002, 11:36 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

had a similar problem in the past where it turned out to be certain fonts on some clients were corrupt/missing. Took fekin ages to figure it out. Easiest way to test is set it up so it runs slowly and then change the default printer to something basic like a local laserjet II. (you don't actually need the local printer to be present - you just need to see what happens when Word is loading a different default font) If it is a font issue Word should speed up.
Old 12 November 2002, 09:36 AM
Jer
Scooby Regular

Cheers Fast bloke, I will try that.