Message for JasonM

Search this Thread

Old 02 October 2000, 12:21 AM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Thanks for keeping (most of) us amused.

Nothing like ill informed and poorly put and sometimes conflicting arguments (by you) to raise a smile....

I've got a few observations, though:-

You say Imprezas are too soft and lack traction on 15 inch rims. By your own admission you're brother's car has 17 inch rims and suspension so stiff the MOT tester bent the wing slightly. So, how do you know?

Now, having bottled the challenge of going up against a turbo on the track (funny, though, you were happy enough to do it on the road) you want to put your modified Cavalier up against a standard Impreza Sport. Hardly comparing like with like, now, are we?

I won't even go into the issues of racing on public roads. I think we can agree that just because the Impreza couldn't (or didn't want to) keep up with you, that you can hardly use that example as justification for your argument??

Hmmm the most interesting one yet. Apparently your brother is a tosser. Well, according to you anyway. If I may quote you:- "What’s happens with the impreza is that people see it on TV doing the rallying, the motorpress get hold of it, and say it's the dogs. THEN people that are not use to driving a fast car, buy one and think it's the dogs. It's a tossers car lets face it, driven by tossers that would normally never have a fast car"

Perhaps you would like to apologise to him now?

Oh - and do I detect a hint of envy creeping in there perhaps? In any event there is no need to get to that level - another contradiction on your part.

I will agree with you that Cavaliers and indeed many Vauxhall products do and can be made to handle well - despite what has been said by many Subaru owners on here. I have occasion to regularly drive a new model Astra Estate (fairly basic model) and it handles superbly - way better in my opinion than most of its competition. I would add, however, that a Vauxhall dealer pricipal I know rates my car higher than ANY vauxhall he has ever driven (both standard and modified) for both handling and performance (with the exception of a Lotus Carlton - 'nuff said)

Having had the pleasure to drive cavalier GSi 2000's around the old Ingleston Circuit (anyone remember that?) I found them to handle very well. For me, the 4*4 handled way better and was able to lap considerably faster in my hands than the front drive equivelant. Four wheel drifts were a pleasure. My Impreza would, however, lap comfortably faster then either.

I am happy to admit that my (unmodified) Uk scoob is not the best handling car I have driven. That accolade falls to a well sorted Mini I once owned. It is, however, the fastest car I have ever driven cross country, period. As many have said, handling is very subjective. What works for one does not necessarily work for another.

In summary, you may have noticed by now that the board does not tolerate "my car is better than your car because (insert unfounded drivel)". If you keep your arguments lucid and realistic, you will find it pays dividends at the end of the day.

But then that wouldn't be half as funny.....

D

[This message has been edited by Diablo (edited 02 October 2000).]
Old 02 October 2000, 12:54 AM
JasonM
Scooby Regular

See it's like this. People try and make out the Impreza is one of the best handling cars on the road. I'm just here to try and put some sense in that claim.

I'm not here to say my 136bhp car is faster than a 211bhp. But I am here to say the Impreza is overrated (for it's handling), and a Cavalier with full Koni Kit can out handle it.

Also I’m not on about rally racks, I’m on about circuit track, which I have offered to take my car to, but as yet no will take up my offer.

You can slate me, but at least I’m willing to put my car on the track. You can call me a Muppet, but unlike yourselves I’m not gutless.

Old 02 October 2000, 01:55 PM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Er, yeah, I think we figured what you were trying to get at.

Your answer kinda proves my point though.

And YOUR definition of handling was based on speed, not anyone elses. Oh, and I haven't called you anything yet, muppet or otherwise.

You may have had a valid point, but I'm afraid you've spouted so much drivel now that you've shot yourself in the foot.

Anyway, JasonM, clearly you are incapable of reasoned argument, so perhaps you will understand this:

Stop being an ****.

D

[This message has been edited by Diablo (edited 02 October 2000).]
Old 02 October 2000, 02:00 PM
Craig H
Scooby Regular

Jason,
Why not just go to a SIDC day at donington. Then you can see loads of poorly handling cars strugling to keep up with you
Old 02 October 2000, 03:01 PM
SDB
Scooby Regular

I can't hold back any longer!

Hi Jason

tell you what...

If it's handling you're want to prove, why not book in for Don Palmer's "wetter the better" course, held at the wet "handling" circuit at MIRA.

This circuit is designed to test handling alone, but test it to it's limits.

It would be fantastic to drive a car that out-handles an impreza round there as very few cars do.

Re your comments about your brother's impreza not handling. AWD in general does require a different skill set in terms of limit handling. Much more work has to be done on when on the brakes as the AWD cannot independently provide power to one end of the car. LFB is also of use when on the limit.

If your brother says his car can be out-driven by a Cavalier he is mistaken.

Best regards

Simon
Old 02 October 2000, 03:06 PM
AWD
Scooby Regular

Wink

I need what now....?

I cannot independantly what.....?

Old 02 October 2000, 03:18 PM
Gary Foster
Scooby Regular

I want to come on Don Palmers wetter the better course too !! I emailed him last week but got no response (Don - are you listening).

I will come along with my badly handling standard MY98 Scoob, I would be very interested in seeing how well the Cav handles in comparison.

Gary

(My friend will come in his Porsche Carrera 3.2 as we'll if you need any more pursuading
Old 02 October 2000, 03:21 PM
TRIGGER
Scooby Regular

Ok, I cant stay away any more...
JASONM seems determined to prove his cavalier is a better (??) car than any of our Scoobies. Better is so subjective - I dont want a modified cavalier in my driveway - however quick it is round a corner. I also like the different challenge 4wd gives you - most of us have grown out of fwd.
Old 02 October 2000, 03:25 PM
Mulder
Scooby Regular

I don't think he'd even hold a candle to my 200sx,which by the way DAVE W, is truly a lovely car!
Old 03 October 2000, 08:06 AM
Steve_Yeowart
Scooby Regular

OH NO ITS TRUE!!!!

I was left standing on a road the other day by a modded NOVA!!!! It must have had a full KONI set up on because I was doing the speed limit and he went tearing past me like I was standing still a good 30 mph faster I would say.......IN A 30 ZONE T*&T!!!!
Old 29 November 2000, 12:18 AM
JDS
Scooby Regular

LOL

Do you really think the Cavalier would make it all the way to the Ring

I'll laugh my Koni's off if it makes it in one piece
Old 29 November 2000, 12:18 AM
AWD
Scooby Regular

Wink

What's that?

The Audi S3 is related to a Skoda, Seat and 2 VWs?

Surely not a machine as wonderous as the S3?

Old 29 November 2000, 12:19 AM
Robertio
Scooby Regular

Gary,
I seriously doubt it, but we managed to find it anyway

[editted due to other posts appearing before this one]

[This message has been edited by Robertio (edited 29 November 2000).]
Old 29 November 2000, 12:20 AM
AWD
Scooby Regular

Cool

Blowdog

Isn't it time to hit this with your muppet stick?
Old 29 November 2000, 12:21 AM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Wink

Guys
I've just discovered a particularly nasty worm virus on my home PC (W95.mtx variant) - what am I bid to mail it to him???
Old 29 November 2000, 12:40 AM
Snake
Scooby Regular

Dave T S.
You should mail it to him out of duty.

Snake.

Old 29 November 2000, 12:44 AM
Robertio
Scooby Regular

Talking

Dave, now that wouldn't be very nice
Old 29 November 2000, 12:52 AM
mattski
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

that's it, I can't resist...

What complete and utter drivel. What the hell is it with some people? Are they green with envy or something?

Cavalier - saggy old rep mobile that is way past its sell-buy date. I had a GSi2000 for a while and it was ok, 5 years ago.

A3 - boring Audi that shares way too many parts with VW, Skoda, Seat, even Simca is probably in there. Rob B's post with specs says it all.

So girls, if Imprezas are so cr*p and driven by t*ssers lets see your Cavalier, A3 or whatever do the biz. Basically put up or shut up.

Bring the Cavalier on Jason. Even my humble WRX would kick your *** to the moon and back, an STi would utterly destroy you in terms of both handling and performance.

If you want to see how poorly the Impreza handles go and read this:
Old 29 November 2000, 12:54 AM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Smile

Snake
Yes - but duty don't pay my bar bill....what am I bid

Robertio
True - isn't life cruel???
Old 29 November 2000, 12:56 AM
mattski
Scooby Regular

and more!

Here is a quote from the Autocar feature with the Impreza...

'Second, a properly sorted All Wheel Drive car like the Impreza will blitz any two-wheel drive rival in virtually any objective handling contest'.

Perhaps Autocar are biased, perhaps they all have Imprezas, perhaps you lot should face the truth.
Old 29 November 2000, 10:19 AM
audi s3 owner
Scooby Newbie

Red face

ID JUST LIKE TO SAY YOU ALL GO ON ABOUT IMPREZA`S ON THE TRACK THE AUDI S3 WILL **** ALL OVER IMPREZAS ON OR OFF THE TRACK WITH STYLE WHICH IS SOMETHING IMPREZA DRIVERS WILL NEVER KNOW ABOUT.U DRIVE JAP CRAP.THE CARS DONT EVEN LOOK GOOD AND HAVE NO CABIN QUALITY
Old 29 November 2000, 10:23 AM
Mossman
Scooby Regular

Angry

Audi S3 owner.

KISS MY HAIRY ***.

Old 29 November 2000, 10:56 AM
AWD
Scooby Regular

Cool

Here we go again....

Old 29 November 2000, 11:04 AM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

lol
Old 29 November 2000, 11:33 AM
Rob B
Scooby Regular

A warm welcome back to the BBS to Audi S3 owner - so good to be able to read reasoned and intelligent debate again.

I am sure most of us would love to take up your challenge to let you destroy us on the track. Let me just remind you of a few stats first :

STI IV v S3

BHP 276 v 210
Max Torque (lb ft) 253 v 199
0-60mph (secs) 4.9 v 6.8

Must give you victory regarding the cabin - this is of course the most important thing to take into consideration when choosing which high performance car to buy .

[This message has been edited by Rob B (edited 29 November 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Rob B (edited 29 November 2000).]
Old 29 November 2000, 11:53 AM
Robertio
Scooby Regular

Question

Jason,
Could you remind me which track it was that you were willing to take your car to as I cannot remember?
I'm sure there will be someone on here who stays close enough to come along.
Or even better next Easter the Nurburgring, quite a few of us are planning on going, be nice to see you there.
Old 29 November 2000, 11:58 AM
Gary Foster
Scooby Regular

Do you think this topic is in the correct forum ?

Lol
Old 29 November 2000, 05:34 PM
sunilp
Scooby Regular

Wink

..........Yeah but Cavaliers with Koni's ROCK!

(seriously nothing wrong with Koni's)

Nothing wrong with VWs and SEATS and SKODAS are much improved thanks to VAG.

Imprezas are related to Justy's - put that in yer intercooler and smoke it

Sometimes even Scooby owners are so far up their own ***** they should be able to smell nothing but their own ****.

Sunil

[This message has been edited by sunilp (edited 29 November 2000).]
Old 29 November 2000, 06:29 PM
Robertio
Scooby Regular

Smile

Sunlip, nice to see you're back, how come we have seen a lack of posts from you recently?
I'm sure Dave has been missing you
Old 29 November 2000, 06:54 PM
jason b
Scooby Regular

Red face

I know why JASON M and AUDI S3 OWNER dont you build a car out of both of yours and maybe you might keep up for a couple of hundred yards in your new FAST CORNERING, STYLISHLY designed supercar.
Even better why dont you race each other because if you pair were to race any scoob,lancer or gti-r you will looking to see where they have gone track or cross country and if you are still intrested please contact me to arrange a date???
Is the CAV your dads old car????

Quick Reply: Message for JasonM