Notices
Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

08/09 Hatches, Stand up and show yourselves!!!

Old 09 April 2019, 03:19 PM
  #17341  
Adw330s
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: North East
Posts: 100
Default 330s exhaust

I’ve got the uprated pro- drive quad exit rear box If anyone’s interested......this is the upgraded 3.5” tip exhaust that came on the 330s cars.

better sound and larger tips than the small standard
ones....

Its just come off my car.

let me know.
Adw330s is offline  
Old 10 April 2019, 07:01 PM
  #17342  
vulnax999
Scooby Senior
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,278
Default

Originally Posted by matt-c View Post
Really?!?!?! Those are figures that seem kind of crazy for any Impreza.
Originally Posted by bioforger View Post
38-40 lmao guy must be in top at 50mph lifting off at any opportunity and then tickling the throttle with a feather to keep the car moving.

Yep!

6th gear, about 60 - 70 but LOTS of 50 mph limits for smart motorway building ... over a 260 mile run, but as soon as back to normal motorway driving ( or even a hill ) or worse town driving, drops very rapidly ....
vulnax999 is offline  
Old 15 April 2019, 11:02 AM
  #17343  
Rusti
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Rusti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 887
Default

quick question, whats the real world limit for power on a standard STi hatch turbo?
Rusti is offline  
Old 15 April 2019, 11:18 AM
  #17344  
vulnax999
Scooby Senior
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,278
Talking

Originally Posted by Rusti View Post
quick question, whats the real world limit for power on a standard STi hatch turbo?
For safety or what can it make?

A remap on my std 330s took it to 360, then sports cat and remap to 374 bhp.

Common? wisdom on thes 2.5's was to keep it under 400, probably 370 ish until forged.


Mine did blow head gaskets and ringland failure after 3 1/4 years and 35000 miles !!!
vulnax999 is offline  
Old 15 April 2019, 12:17 PM
  #17345  
TheOriginalAquapanther
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Ayrshire
Posts: 152
Default

Originally Posted by Rusti View Post
quick question, whats the real world limit for power on a standard STi hatch turbo?
I had mine mapped by Andy Forrest recently and I'm still on stock turbo, he mentioned around 380bhp being the most he'd look at
TheOriginalAquapanther is offline  
Old 15 April 2019, 12:42 PM
  #17346  
Rusti
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Rusti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 887
Default

Interesting stuff, definitely looking for safe numbers but it would seem that I can get quite a lot more from my 330 once the rebuild is completed, without needing to swap out the turbo straight away.
Rusti is offline  
Old 15 April 2019, 02:57 PM
  #17347  
Adw330s
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: North East
Posts: 100
Default

I had 418bhp and 438 ft lbs from a billet vf48 with aquamist methanol injection.....spool was unreal and went very well.
Adw330s is offline  
Old 16 April 2019, 07:30 AM
  #17348  
domino46
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: www.bbscoobys.com
Posts: 2,518
Default

I also had 400bhp from a billet vf48 , just pump fuel
domino46 is offline  
Old 16 April 2019, 04:14 PM
  #17349  
fpan
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,815
Default

Is there a lowering seat bracket for the driver's side Recaro seat?
Also is the leather real or faux leather?
The driver's side bolster has seen better days and if I get it repaired I may as well replace that leather section.

Edit: I've found this: https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/20602

Last edited by fpan; 16 April 2019 at 04:27 PM.
fpan is offline  
Old 16 April 2019, 09:23 PM
  #17350  
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: far, far west
Posts: 1,890
Default

Originally Posted by fpan View Post
Is there a lowering seat bracket for the driver's side Recaro seat?
Also is the leather real or faux leather?
The driver's side bolster has seen better days and if I get it repaired I may as well replace that leather section.

Edit: I've found this: https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/20602
And you were also browsing some STI rear supports and spec c shocks, weren't you?
hedgecutter is offline  
Old 17 April 2019, 08:34 AM
  #17351  
Rob Day
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (78)
 
Rob Day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North West
Posts: 9,412
Default

Originally Posted by hedgecutter View Post
And you were also browsing some STI rear supports and spec c shocks, weren't you?
Items recently viewed is done by internet tracking cookies, so you wouldn't know this, so they must be items looked at last on that website (related website) on your machine. So I hand it to you that it was you looking at STI rear supports and Spec C shocks
Rob Day is offline  
Old 17 April 2019, 09:09 AM
  #17352  
fpan
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,815
Default

Originally Posted by Rob Day View Post
Items recently viewed is done by internet tracking cookies, so you wouldn't know this, so they must be items looked at last on that website (related website) on your machine. So I hand it to you that it was you looking at STI rear supports and Spec C shocks
I think hedgecutter is teasing me as he knows suspension is my fetish

Btw, I have a creak from the driver's Recaro seat when cornering that is annoying, has anyone else experienced this and how have you solved it?
fpan is offline  
Old 17 April 2019, 09:20 AM
  #17353  
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: far, far west
Posts: 1,890
Default

Originally Posted by Rob Day View Post
Items recently viewed is done by internet tracking cookies, so you wouldn't know this, so they must be items looked at last on that website (related website) on your machine. So I hand it to you that it was you looking at STI rear supports and Spec C shocks
Fair cop. Guilty of extensive Japanparts browsing. Damn knowledgeable computer techs
hedgecutter is offline  
Old 17 April 2019, 09:21 AM
  #17354  
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: far, far west
Posts: 1,890
Default

Originally Posted by fpan View Post
I think hedgecutter is teasing me as he knows suspension is my fetish

Btw, I have a creak from the driver's Recaro seat when cornering that is annoying, has anyone else experienced this and how have you solved it?
But Fpan didn't deny it !!
hedgecutter is offline  
Old 17 April 2019, 05:36 PM
  #17355  
fpan
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,815
Default

Originally Posted by hedgecutter View Post
But Fpan didn't deny it !!
I did look at the suspension the RA uses (yellow Bilsteins and STi pinks) although I am happy with the 20th anniversary's suspension so far.
When the dampers need replacing I will either replace them with the same or the setup from the RA.
fpan is offline  
Old 17 April 2019, 06:27 PM
  #17356  
Don Clark
Scooby Regular
 
Don Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Harpenden
Posts: 4,837
Default

Originally Posted by fpan View Post
I did look at the suspension the RA uses (yellow Bilsteins and STi pinks) although I am happy with the 20th anniversary's suspension so far.
When the dampers need replacing I will either replace them with the same or the setup from the RA.
Don Clark is online now  
Old 17 April 2019, 09:01 PM
  #17357  
fpan
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,815
Default

Originally Posted by Don Clark View Post
fpan is offline  
Old 18 April 2019, 01:06 AM
  #17358  
Adw330s
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: North East
Posts: 100
Default results!

Closed deck with standard 2.5” 330s decat exhaust, standard headers, rcm precision turbo....made
478.9 bhp and 445 for lbs.......(aquamist methanol injection)

Same setup......had some work done.......3” full
exhaust, rcm unequal headers, Harvey up-pipe, 4 bar Map sensor.....Bob Rawle remap......made 525bhp and 568 ft lbs........pulls like hell (AND STILL ON STANDARD TMIC!!)

Last edited by Adw330s; 18 April 2019 at 01:09 AM.
Adw330s is offline  
Old 18 April 2019, 07:52 AM
  #17359  
domino46
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: www.bbscoobys.com
Posts: 2,518
Default

Originally Posted by Adw330s View Post
Closed deck with standard 2.5” 330s decat exhaust, standard headers, rcm precision turbo....made
478.9 bhp and 445 for lbs.......(aquamist methanol injection)

Same setup......had some work done.......3” full
exhaust, rcm unequal headers, Harvey up-pipe, 4 bar Map sensor.....Bob Rawle remap......made 525bhp and 568 ft lbs........pulls like hell (AND STILL ON STANDARD TMIC!!)

domino46 is offline  
Old 18 April 2019, 09:43 AM
  #17360  
Gambit
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Belfast
Posts: 2,560
Default

Originally Posted by Adw330s View Post
Closed deck with standard 2.5” 330s decat exhaust, standard headers, rcm precision turbo....made
478.9 bhp and 445 for lbs.......(aquamist methanol injection)

Same setup......had some work done.......3” full
exhaust, rcm unequal headers, Harvey up-pipe, 4 bar Map sensor.....Bob Rawle remap......made 525bhp and 568 ft lbs........pulls like hell (AND STILL ON STANDARD TMIC!!)
got any graphs for both them?

im targeting about 420bhp on mine with a GT3071r / full 3" / ETS FMIC / ID 1050cc injectors etc but what your getting makes mine sound like i spent way too much money to achieve 400-420bhp! final piece of jigsaw is still to get injectors fitted tho
Gambit is offline  
Old 18 April 2019, 11:28 AM
  #17361  
urban
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Never you mind
Posts: 12,519
Default

Originally Posted by fpan View Post

Btw, I have a creak from the driver's Recaro seat when cornering that is annoying, has anyone else experienced this and how have you solved it?
Long time ago, but my old 330S drivers seat developed that creak too. The dealer replaced the seat brackets under warranty
urban is offline  
Old 18 April 2019, 12:17 PM
  #17362  
fpan
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,815
Default

Originally Posted by urban View Post
Long time ago, but my old 330S drivers seat developed that creak too. The dealer replaced the seat brackets under warranty
Thanks urban.
It comes from the front left of the driver's seat.
I've ordered a Kansai lowering seat bracket, hopefully that will solve it (if the seat bracket you refer to is the same item I am going to replace).
fpan is offline  
Old 18 April 2019, 01:25 PM
  #17363  
urban
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Never you mind
Posts: 12,519
Default

I only remember seeing how much the the warranty claim invoice was to Subaru - approx £800, took them maybe half an hour to fit it
urban is offline  
Old 18 April 2019, 02:31 PM
  #17364  
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
CharlySkunkWeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bangor-Northern Ireland
Posts: 3,268
Default

Originally Posted by urban View Post
I only remember seeing how much the the warranty claim invoice was to Subaru - approx £800, took them maybe half an hour to fit it
Sure i now own that car and it still squeaked

I wd-40'd it and its been fine since.
CharlySkunkWeed is offline  
Old 18 April 2019, 02:59 PM
  #17365  
fpan
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,815
Default

Originally Posted by urban View Post
I only remember seeing how much the the warranty claim invoice was to Subaru - approx £800, took them maybe half an hour to fit it
Wow £800!!!
I'll take it out and have a look at some point, perhaps the metal strings/springs under the cushion are at fault.
fpan is offline  
Old 18 April 2019, 03:42 PM
  #17366  
matt-c
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Essex
Posts: 1,033
Default

Common issue, mine did it with original and 330 Recaros.

Ive not worked out exactly what causes it.
matt-c is offline  
Old 18 April 2019, 09:03 PM
  #17367  
Adw330s
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: North East
Posts: 100
Default

Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
got any graphs for both them?

im targeting about 420bhp on mine with a GT3071r / full 3" / ETS FMIC / ID 1050cc injectors etc but what your getting makes mine sound like i spent way too much money to achieve 400-420bhp! final piece of jigsaw is still to get injectors fitted tho

Yeah got both graphs mate. PM me you’re email and I’ll send across. No matter how many times I try to upload on here it just will not work for me!
Adw330s is offline  
Old 18 April 2019, 09:23 PM
  #17368  
gc8simon
Scooby Regular
 
gc8simon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Hull
Posts: 101
Default

Recently picked up this Wrx-S for the other half.
gc8simon is offline  
Old Yesterday, 10:05 AM
  #17369  
fpan
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,815
Default

Originally Posted by Adw330s View Post
Yeah got both graphs mate. PM me you’re email and I’ll send across. No matter how many times I try to upload on here it just will not work for me!
I've got the same problem uploading files from the computer here, don't know why.
fpan is offline  
Old Yesterday, 10:19 AM
  #17370  
Don Clark
Scooby Regular
 
Don Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Harpenden
Posts: 4,837
Default

Originally Posted by fpan View Post
I've got the same problem uploading files from the computer here, don't know why.
Where are you hosting your pictures?
Don Clark is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 08/09 Hatches, Stand up and show yourselves!!!


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.