Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Pirelli P Zero Nero's

Search this Thread

Old 04 October 2004, 09:20 AM
Riftzone
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pirelli P Zero Nero's

Probably been asked a thousand times but the search turns up nothing good.

Changing from Pirelli P7000's and thinkin of Zero Nero's. I'd be grateful of anyones experiences on these tyres or other variants of Zeros. Comparison with P7000's will be useful.

Please note I am not interested in recommendations on brands other than Pirelli.

Cheers.
Old 04 October 2004, 09:44 AM
Keef69
Scooby Regular

Just chaged my P zero's as they were very low, close to the minimum markers all round. I found them amazing in the dry, never really got the back to step out or felt any understeer. Pushed them hard too! But I have gone to the dark side and not gone back to them as they were awful in the wet, I felt anyway. With the winter coming up I have gone for a tyre that is not as sticky in the dry, I can feel it start going in completely dry weather, but is very good in the wet.

Have not tried any other pirelli's except 6000's, I think they were, on a chipped Golf, same thing, great in the dry and awful in the wet. As requested, I won't recommend any other makes, but worth considering what else it out there!
Old 04 October 2004, 12:54 PM
Dazza's-STi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Riftzone

Changing from Pirelli P7000's and thinkin of Zero Nero's. I'd be grateful of anyones experiences on these tyres or other variants of Zeros. Comparison with P7000's will be useful.

Please note I am not interested in recommendations on brands other than Pirelli.

Cheers.
M8 just been through a set on Nero's read my last post on the
Vredestein ULTRAC...

Hope this helps

Dazza
Old 04 October 2004, 04:00 PM
mark@wrx
Scooby Regular

I have found Nero's to be far better than P7000's.
Old 04 October 2004, 08:16 PM
simo
Scooby Regular

Neros were better than toyos imho & not to bad in the wet. (i know you said not interested in other brands, why? but) Now on Michelin sp2's & they are in a different league . I have neros on my other wheel set & I am not sure if I want to put them back on the car.
simon
Old 04 October 2004, 08:42 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Riftzone

Cheers.
p zero assimetrico.

dry=
wet=

have heard the nero is an improvement over the assimetrico though.

why the alligance to the pirelli? do you work for them and get a special discount or something?
Old 05 October 2004, 09:45 AM
swaussie
Scooby Regular

I went from the F1's to the Nero's and I have to say I am VERY impressed with the tyre. Performance in the wet is as good as the F1 but dry performance is far better. It has great feel, great breaking performance and from what I hear it lasts a little longer than the F1. Tyres are really a matter of preference but I would highly recomment the Pirelli nero.

Trending Topics

Old 05 October 2004, 10:30 AM
DBY
Scooby Regular

Smile

Had Nero's now for 18 months, on my second set now they are fantastic in the wet or dry, would thoroughly recommend them.

John
Old 06 October 2004, 08:07 AM
Riftzone
Scooby Regular

thanks folks. its amazin how opinions can differ so much about the same tyre on the same car. i'll be goin for nero's.

why pirelli ? partly cos of the sponsorship thang. mostly cos i've had them on a few cars now and find them very good. having dabbled with other brands (bridgestone and toyo spring to mind), some of those tyres were down right dangerous !! nothing worse than spending a few hundred quid, and not daring to put your foot down because you cant predict wots gonna happen, knowing your stuck with them for a year, maybe more...

cheers again