Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

P Zero Asymmetrics

Search this Thread

Old 17 July 2003, 02:03 PM
crowtherg
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

In all the posts regarding the good the bad and the down right cr@p in the tyre world, no one has said anything good about the above tyres' wet performance. Today was the first time I have driven my Scoob in the wet, and due to traffic etc. was travelling very slowly so have not been able make my own mind up.

So are they really that bad?

Should I be considering canning my existing perfectly legal tyres for new ones?

Advice gratefully received.

Geoff
Old 17 July 2003, 03:34 PM
Acker
Scooby Regular

No.

Tyres are a very subjective thing.

I have had them on my P1 for 3 years now, I've recently put the third set on, and I DO NOT have a problem with them.

You already have them on your car so just find out for yourself with some sensible wet weather driving.

[Edited by Acker - 7/17/2003 3:35:33 PM]
Old 17 July 2003, 10:30 PM
fester.
Scooby Regular

put these on instead of s03s and it just understeers every where but they last ages getting toyos fitted friday imho RUBBISH uk turbo
Old 18 July 2003, 11:53 AM
Listy
Scooby Regular

I started thread on Cr@p Assimetricos myself.... I did suffer pangs of guilt initially as the tyres were fresh on that day and they understeered like hell when it rained....

I took the advice of others and thrashed them around in the dry for a week or so to Bed them in and lose the coating (Whatever it is) so now a few weeks on I feel better placed to make a judgement.. And that is....

Good in the dry Sh!te in the Wet.... I still get Mad understeer.. Far worse than my previous FWD Golf Gti Anniversary... That was putting 180 Brake down through the Fronts and still cornered better in the Wet than my Scoob..... Now in fareness there is absolutely no competition in the Dry but I'm afraid to say that as soon as I have cleared the Plastic at the end of this month I'll be shelving the P-Zero's to Scrub out on track and putting some F1's or Proxes on for Day to Day....

Rather bizzarely I have just bought a copy of Performance Car from Dec 97 off e-bay that tests a 97 model with all the same Prodrive additions as mine.... They tested it on P-Zero-s with speedlines identical to my own with the lowered Eibach suspension set up and Rave about the Wet weather handling...

I reckon I'm going to get the geometry set up checked out soon as, before I condem them totally...

Listy - Prodrive Terzo116