Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Upgrade wheels on UK Turbo 2000

Search this Thread

Old 28 February 2022, 06:18 PM
Penelope21
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrade wheels on UK Turbo 2000

Hi all, this has probably been asked many times but I want to check my thinking before pressing 'Buy'!

I have a standard UK Turbo 2000 GC8 (year 2000 W reg), standard shocks with slightly lowered springs (30mm I think Eibach) and the newer STi 4 pot Brembo callipers/discs fitted.

I have 25mm ABW Arch extensions to be fitted (https://www.abwmotorsport.co.uk/prod...rches-6-pieces)
After much research I want Rota Grids 17 x 9 (PCD 5100) ET42, no spacers to be fitted. I'm not looking for super aggressive stance and am not planning coilovers or anything, the roads here are rubbish and I'm getting old lol (but I've had it nearly 15 years).

Rotashop reckon the wheels will fit but will I require to roll the arches do you think?

Sorry for the long first post but I will have to arrange any work to be done and this was meant to be a 'fix the rot and quick respray' job which has now seen car off road for 5 years ....... so now it's a 'what the hell I always liked the arch extensions......but I really just want it sorted' kinda thing!

Cheers
Old 28 February 2022, 07:08 PM
Penelope21
Scooby Newbie

As it is today, the wheels are 17 x 7 but not sure of offset and it's got 10mm spacer on, very little clearance on front calipers
Old 27 May 2022, 02:48 PM
maybclorer
Scooby Newbie

Drove the m3 for a 6 hour trip and my lower back was really sore. Did the same trip in the 328i and no issues at all.

Last edited by maybclorer; 28 May 2022 at 11:45 AM.
Old 06 June 2022, 11:28 AM
86B
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Penelope21
Hi all, this has probably been asked many times but I want to check my thinking before pressing 'Buy'!

I have a standard UK Turbo 2000 GC8 (year 2000 W reg), standard shocks with slightly lowered springs (30mm I think Eibach) and the newer STi 4 pot Brembo callipers/discs fitted.

I have 25mm ABW Arch extensions to be fitted (https://www.abwmotorsport.co.uk/prod...rches-6-pieces)
After much research I want Rota Grids 17 x 9 (PCD 5100) ET42, no spacers to be fitted. I'm not looking for super aggressive stance and am not planning coilovers or anything, the roads here are rubbish and I'm getting old lol (but I've had it nearly 15 years).

Rotashop reckon the wheels will fit but will I require to roll the arches do you think?

Sorry for the long first post but I will have to arrange any work to be done and this was meant to be a 'fix the rot and quick respray' job which has now seen car off road for 5 years ....... so now it's a 'what the hell I always liked the arch extensions......but I really just want it sorted' kinda thing!

Cheers
I have the exact same wheel setup.
Rota Grid 17x9j +42
Hankook RS4 255/40/r17

Cannot confirm if the Rotas will be able to clear Brembos as I am on AP Racing brake kit.
If you are keeping stock body arches this setup may not be able to fit.
It is a tight fit even with coil overs, rolled and pulled arches, and aggressive alignment. Your stock fatter struts will require you run spacers for wheel clearance which will push your wheels further outwards but your fenders can only be pulled so much before they won't look like stock fenders anymore. Since you are going with arch extensions I would suggest you to not keep your stock arches as it will be a headache trying to make this fit if possible at all.

The following users liked this post: