Notices
West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club (WYIOC) The official dedicated forum for West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club.

Pulled over by Police

Search this Thread

Old 08 September 2006, 01:20 AM
RafaelChandler
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulled over by Police

Just finnished my shift tonight at the shop in Bradford.

When I left work a car immediatley pulled out and followed me, it was a Renault Megane. I dropped off a member of staff at there house on a cul-de-sac, and the car was still following me.

The same car followed me for a good 2-3 miles, very closely. I had the weeks takings in the car with me so at this point i was so tempted to boot it, as Im sure there was something funny going on.

Im glad i didnt though, because it turned out it was undercover police. I was pulled over by 4 police cars, 3 volvos and a vectra. They closed the road around me, there was even a police helicopter above me. The Police tried getting in the car but luckily I was locked in thanks to Corradoboy setting up my car with autolocking.

I eventually unlocked the doors and got out, to have the police search me thinking i had stolen the car .

Apparently something (which they would not say) had happened in the area, and they thought i was the getaway car.

Was very scared for a while though, because i was carrying so much money.

has anythng like this happend to anyone else??
Old 08 September 2006, 01:31 AM
killa
Scooby Regular

I think thats Bradford for you, in Leeds you don't really get that,
Not good getting the wrong person, why did they think your car was the getaway car?
but lucky it wasn't some thieving ******* trying to get your car..but like you said must have been scary..call the GF over and tell her about it..
Old 08 September 2006, 01:39 AM
RafaelChandler
Scooby Regular

They said that the car they were following had been dumped on the street where my shop was, and that then they saw my car drive off, and thought it had been stolen, all sounds a bit crap to me.

He excused himself by saying that it was the type of car I was driving, so I guess by Driving a Subaru im regarded as a criminal by the police, all sounds very very odd.
Old 08 September 2006, 02:03 AM
killa
Scooby Regular

Does sound odd but a scoob driving late at that time will I think make them think something is fishy, so they investigated in a big way, by the amount that are being stolen, but if you parked there earlier then they could have come to you then, but this event makes no sense to me..
Old 08 September 2006, 04:28 AM
blueangel
BANNED

Bit of a daft one really, on the Police's part considering.
But a least we know their out chasing down getaway vehicles,Oh and as long as its an Imprezza
Old 08 September 2006, 08:08 AM
scg
Scooby Regular

Did you not ask them if they wanted to buy it?

Personally in that situation with your takings and it been a Megane I would have booted it - as cops rarely have French cars...good job you showed a bit more restraint otherwise could have been some right trouble!!
Old 08 September 2006, 08:45 AM
silver sonic
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sure they would have understood if you booted it , explaining fact of takings worrying you !
most coppers are reasonable , so i hear!
Old 08 September 2006, 08:51 AM
Andy-C
Scooby Regular

IMHO you should have booted it to the nearest cop shop. How was you to know they were real police?
Old 08 September 2006, 09:26 AM
J4CK50N
Scooby Regular

Location: From : somewhere between here & there - also at wyioc.co.uk - are you?

doesnt sound like a nice situation - luckily no damage to you or the car.
Old 08 September 2006, 09:31 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

worrying for you yes, but to e sounds like wrong place wrong time, if you were trying to escape and you could pick a car what would you take from your works car park? bet the scoob is the best weapon for the job, although perhaps they were just a bit mob handed
Old 08 September 2006, 11:17 AM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

I had a similar thing when I returned from Cyprus whilst based in Uxbridge whilst in the RAF.
My car was on Cyprus plates as I waited for the new ones to come through.
I was on crutches due to a Football injury and I parked, locked the car and popped into McD's with Katrina to get a cofee. Came out and went shopping for n hour or so.

I hobbled back to the car and was just getting in when a marked Police car pulled alongside.. guy was on the radio and he pointed to me to stand still.. another car pulled in from the toher direction and blocked me in...

5-6 guys get out and a small crowd starts gathering.. one puts his thumb up to a CCTV camera looking at us... 2 of the guys in stab vests and looking rather nervous approach and start to question me about the car etc.... 30 seconds later after showing my RAF ID and superb Tan from 3 years in Cyprus we were shaking hands and laughing...

Appears an alert CCTV operator noticed the car.. ran a plate check and found there was no trace. It transpires there was an armed breakout of a prisoner in a local court a few weeks before, where some shots were fired. In fact I remember hearing about it on the news as we travelled back from Cyprus.. They'd used a Silver classic as a getaway..

Also transpires there was an ARV on standby and a all the exit roads were blocked with police cars with stingers...

I feel for you man as I **** myself.. But nice to know that such technology exists to get the bad guys...
Old 08 September 2006, 08:52 PM
skywalker23
Scooby Regular

Bet you **** ur self mate i would of..

Don't know wat i'd of done...

Glad it all turned out alright in end,although think there should have (sorry) been a bit of a better explanation by the police.....

Last edited by skywalker23; 10 September 2006 at 07:21 PM.
Old 09 September 2006, 02:13 AM
Sticky Stuff
Scooby Regular

Location: ShyTot graphics Location: Squires Bar Location: Wakecastlefract

Luke, use the HAVE word....

He may HAVE **** himself, but how much would you pay to see the CCTV footage of that little event in Al's life?