Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

suspect driving on the M1 this morning

Search this Thread

Old 11 March 2004, 11:01 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation suspect driving on the M1 this morning

Noticed an Impreza this morning southbound M1 5.30 am. A nice touch undertaking several cars to then get behind me, followed by a near suicidal move undertaking me and the pick up in front, who had to brake sharply when you decided to cut him up.

Then you repeated the move with some lorries before turning off at Hemel.

W reg black uk spec, no need to impress anyone with suicidal driving mate.
Old 11 March 2004, 05:10 PM
yoza
BANNED

Ill get you next time, to many people about to finish the job!

Old 11 March 2004, 07:14 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

too*
Old 11 March 2004, 08:57 PM
yoza
BANNED

.........****.

Old 12 March 2004, 11:46 AM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Not a black MY03 STi was it?.... I witnessed similar driving a while ago on the NW section M25.
Old 12 March 2004, 11:56 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
W reg black uk spec, no need to impress anyone with suicidal driving mate.
I guess not
Old 12 March 2004, 04:46 PM
Soapy Sam
Scooby Regular

When I read about peeps complaining about being "undertaken", I wonder why they complain. After all, the idea is that we drive on the left, unless overtaking.

Most motorway muppets just get comfy in either the middle or outside lane and stick there. It doesn't seem to matter that there is a perfectly good, unoccupied, lane just a couple of yards to the left

But what happens if someone actually uses it? Motorway muppet sat in the outside lane, holding up several miles of traffic, gets the hump. Why?
Old 12 March 2004, 04:51 PM
SyHightower
Scooby Regular

something that really anoys me as well, cos i do at least 200 motorway miles a day.
Old 12 March 2004, 05:02 PM
Gary C
Scooby Regular

Your right soapy, but you do see some absoulute tossers who weave in and out of traffic at speed like total prats. It is frustrating to have someone block a lane, and many of us have undertaken occasionally, but the type of driving nutta is describing is just plain stupid.
Old 12 March 2004, 05:02 PM
scoobchrissy
Scooby Senior

I guess he upset someone then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12 March 2004, 05:06 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

i under take all the time, its not big and its not clever but if it pisses of the middle lane brigade then im all for it

middle lane and outside lane numptys wind me up a lot, look at it this way, its either sit behind them getitng pissed of, until i cant take it no more and i ram them off the road, and then jump up and down on there bonnets, or simply rise above it and under take them
Old 12 March 2004, 05:09 PM
scoobchrissy
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
i under take all the time, its not big and its not clever but if it pisses of the middle lane brigade then im all for it

middle lane and outside lane numptys wind me up a lot, look at it this way, its either sit behind them getitng pissed of, until i cant take it no more and i ram them off the road, and then jump up and down on there bonnets, or simply rise above it and under take them
PERFECT
Old 12 March 2004, 06:39 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Talking

Im not against undertaking, I do it quite a lot myself. My main complaint is the situation with the van. The Impreza bowls down the inside, whereupon hes right behind a car in the middle lane then swerves into a tiny gap between the van in the outside lane and the car in the middle. The van literally had to bleed off 20 mph smartish to avoid a collision. Now if i was any closer to the van id have back ended it. All because someone wants to show off their tiny rear spoiler and twin standard exhaust

The same technique was employed with lorries ( and we know how fast they stop ) just before Hemel turn off.
Old 12 March 2004, 07:21 PM
Bullring
Scooby Regular

I guess the middle lane numptys p*ss most people off

But consider this. The numpty can't be using his rear view mirror, and he sure as hell isn't using this off side mirror. So if or when he does deside to pull left, do you really think he's gonna check the near side mirror for undertaking Impreza's! I prefer to take my chances in the outside lane - Lifes to short, but each to their own

IMHO.
Old 12 March 2004, 07:53 PM
benjai
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by Bullring
do you really think he's gonna check the near side mirror for undertaking Impreza's! I prefer to take my chances in the outside lane - Lifes to short, but each to their own
Good point Bullring - but of course there is nearly as much chance that the numpty is going to pull right without looking too

Of course I reckon it isn't really about undertaking, it is more about bad driving. If I get undertaken I think "oops I was in the wrong lane there" - and then I undertake them back !!! Only joking

I drive the A24 every day - a dual carriageway with side road junctions and crossings - and I marvel at the complete lack of appreciation of relative speed. You know the sort of thing "there's nothing alongside me so I can pull out" - never mind the car approaching at a closing speed of 30mph. In fact I witnessed (was ahead of me so wasnt involved myself) a good one this am. Two cars are going along in the inside lane at around 60 mph. Up ahead is a side road with a car waiting to pull out. First car indicates left and brakes. Car in side-road sees indicators and thinks "I'll pull out". Second car indicates and pulls out to pass the first. Nothing terrible yet - but wait, here's the best bit. The car that has just joined the road, now enters the outside lane (obviously thinking that since he is on the road he can pull out). I can only imagine what the second driver thought as he went from trundling along at 60 mph to facing a 20mph roadblock in about 2 seconds!!!!!

Now here's a controversial idea - bring in compulsory driving retesting I reckon it would reduce congestion and get some of these ******** off the roads (the ones with licenses in the first place that is)

Just an idea.............
Old 12 March 2004, 08:10 PM
Bullring
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by benjai
Now here's a controversial idea - bring in compulsory driving retesting I reckon it would reduce congestion and get some of these ******** off the roads (the ones with licenses in the first place that is)

Just an idea.............
Spot on! Gets my vote.
Old 12 March 2004, 09:37 PM
Soapy Sam
Scooby Regular

Gary C - Yup of course you shouldn't swerve about and confuse the numpties who aren't used to how quickly a scoob can accelerate, but as Sticky Mickey says (spot on m8!), rise above and enjoy the peace and quiet of the inside lane and complete your journey in record time whilst the numpties are queuing in the outside lane.......
Old 12 March 2004, 09:37 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bullring
Spot on! Gets my vote.
I did a vote on this a few weeks ago and it lost !
Old 12 March 2004, 10:45 PM
Famine
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
outside lane numptys
These are possibly worse. Then again, passenger side wing mirrors aren't compulsory (nor are observational skills, or indicators. Or a foglight off switch)...

There's a dual carriageway I travel down every morning, and the number of people who just sit in the right hand lane for no reason is staggering. In fact I don't recall a day this year I've gone down there and NOT undertaken someone. I had to signal - kindly - two people that I was coming at considerably higher speed than them and they really ought not to be in an overtaking lane when not overtaking just this morning alone. And the other week there was a 7 series Beamer who sat in the right hand lane, at 45mph (70 limit) for the entire 4 miles...