ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Was it you? (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/)
-   -   suspect driving on the M1 this morning (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/309464-suspect-driving-on-the-m1-this-morning.html)

scoobynutta555 11 March 2004 11:01 AM

suspect driving on the M1 this morning

Noticed an Impreza this morning southbound M1 5.30 am. A nice touch undertaking several cars to then get behind me, followed by a near suicidal move undertaking me and the pick up in front, who had to brake sharply when you decided to cut him up.

Then you repeated the move with some lorries before turning off at Hemel.

W reg black uk spec, no need to impress anyone with suicidal driving mate.

yoza 11 March 2004 05:10 PM

Ill get you next time, to many people about to finish the job!

............... :p

scoobynutta555 11 March 2004 07:14 PM

too* :D

yoza 11 March 2004 08:57 PM

.........fcuk.

:rolleyes:

vindaloo 12 March 2004 11:46 AM

Not a black MY03 STi was it?.... I witnessed similar driving a while ago on the NW section M25.

Paulo P 12 March 2004 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
W reg black uk spec, no need to impress anyone with suicidal driving mate.

I guess not ;)

Soapy Sam 12 March 2004 04:46 PM

When I read about peeps complaining about being "undertaken", I wonder why they complain. After all, the idea is that we drive on the left, unless overtaking.

Most motorway muppets just get comfy in either the middle or outside lane and stick there. It doesn't seem to matter that there is a perfectly good, unoccupied, lane just a couple of yards to the left :rolleyes:

But what happens if someone actually uses it? Motorway muppet sat in the outside lane, holding up several miles of traffic, gets the hump. Why?

SyHightower 12 March 2004 04:51 PM

something that really anoys me as well, cos i do at least 200 motorway miles a day.

Gary C 12 March 2004 05:02 PM

Your right soapy, but you do see some absoulute tossers who weave in and out of traffic at speed like total prats. It is frustrating to have someone block a lane, and many of us have undertaken occasionally, but the type of driving nutta is describing is just plain stupid.

scoobchrissy 12 March 2004 05:02 PM

I guess he upset someone then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StickyMicky 12 March 2004 05:06 PM

i under take all the time, its not big and its not clever but if it pisses of the middle lane brigade then im all for it

middle lane and outside lane numptys wind me up a lot, look at it this way, its either sit behind them getitng pissed of, until i cant take it no more and i ram them off the road, and then jump up and down on there bonnets, or simply rise above it and under take them :D

scoobchrissy 12 March 2004 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
i under take all the time, its not big and its not clever but if it pisses of the middle lane brigade then im all for it

middle lane and outside lane numptys wind me up a lot, look at it this way, its either sit behind them getitng pissed of, until i cant take it no more and i ram them off the road, and then jump up and down on there bonnets, or simply rise above it and under take them :D

:D:D:D PERFECT

scoobynutta555 12 March 2004 06:39 PM

Im not against undertaking, I do it quite a lot myself. My main complaint is the situation with the van. The Impreza bowls down the inside, whereupon hes right behind a car in the middle lane then swerves into a tiny gap between the van in the outside lane and the car in the middle. The van literally had to bleed off 20 mph smartish to avoid a collision. Now if i was any closer to the van id have back ended it. All because someone wants to show off their tiny rear spoiler and twin standard exhaust :eek:

The same technique was employed with lorries ( and we know how fast they stop :rolleyes:) just before Hemel turn off.

Bullring 12 March 2004 07:21 PM

I guess the middle lane numptys p*ss most people off :mad:

But consider this. The numpty can't be using his rear view mirror, and he sure as hell isn't using this off side mirror. So if or when he does deside to pull left, do you really think he's gonna check the near side mirror for undertaking Impreza's! I prefer to take my chances in the outside lane - Lifes to short, but each to their own :)

IMHO.

benjai 12 March 2004 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bullring
do you really think he's gonna check the near side mirror for undertaking Impreza's! I prefer to take my chances in the outside lane - Lifes to short, but each to their own

Good point Bullring - but of course there is nearly as much chance that the numpty is going to pull right without looking too :) :rolleyes:

Of course I reckon it isn't really about undertaking, it is more about bad driving. If I get undertaken I think "oops I was in the wrong lane there" - and then I undertake them back !!! :D Only joking

I drive the A24 every day - a dual carriageway with side road junctions and crossings - and I marvel at the complete lack of appreciation of relative speed. You know the sort of thing "there's nothing alongside me so I can pull out" - never mind the car approaching at a closing speed of 30mph. In fact I witnessed (was ahead of me so wasnt involved myself) a good one this am. Two cars are going along in the inside lane at around 60 mph. Up ahead is a side road with a car waiting to pull out. First car indicates left and brakes. Car in side-road sees indicators and thinks "I'll pull out". Second car indicates and pulls out to pass the first. Nothing terrible yet - but wait, here's the best bit. The car that has just joined the road, now enters the outside lane (obviously thinking that since he is on the road he can pull out). I can only imagine what the second driver thought as he went from trundling along at 60 mph to facing a 20mph roadblock in about 2 seconds!!!!!

Now here's a controversial idea - bring in compulsory driving retesting :) I reckon it would reduce congestion and get some of these nobheads off the roads (the ones with licenses in the first place that is;))

Just an idea.............

Bullring 12 March 2004 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by benjai
Now here's a controversial idea - bring in compulsory driving retesting :) I reckon it would reduce congestion and get some of these nobheads off the roads (the ones with licenses in the first place that is;))

Just an idea.............

Spot on! Gets my vote.

Soapy Sam 12 March 2004 09:37 PM

Gary C - Yup of course you shouldn't swerve about and confuse the numpties who aren't used to how quickly a scoob can accelerate, but as Sticky Mickey says (spot on m8!), rise above and enjoy the peace and quiet of the inside lane and complete your journey in record time whilst the numpties are queuing in the outside lane.......

SiDHEaD 12 March 2004 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Bullring
Spot on! Gets my vote.

I did a vote on this a few weeks ago and it lost !

Famine 12 March 2004 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
outside lane numptys

These are possibly worse. Then again, passenger side wing mirrors aren't compulsory (nor are observational skills, or indicators. Or a foglight off switch)...

There's a dual carriageway I travel down every morning, and the number of people who just sit in the right hand lane for no reason is staggering. In fact I don't recall a day this year I've gone down there and NOT undertaken someone. I had to signal - kindly - two people that I was coming at considerably higher speed than them and they really ought not to be in an overtaking lane when not overtaking just this morning alone. And the other week there was a 7 series Beamer who sat in the right hand lane, at 45mph (70 limit) for the entire 4 miles...