INTERLINK (not very) EXPRESS

Search this Thread

Old 03 August 2009, 04:32 PM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry INTERLINK (not very) EXPRESS

Ok prepare for a rant!!!!

Last tuesday i went up to Awesome imports in Bristol to pick up 2 facelift classic front bumpers (1 for me,1 for Claire) upon arrival there Lee told me that he only had 1 in stock. So he said that he would post another one out the day after and he would pay the postage. The bumper should have arrived on Thursday. Thursday came but no bumper so rang Lee and he said that his supplier had a problem and wouldnt get one to him till after 5pm thursday. So he said that it would be with me BEFORE 9am saturday.

Saturday comes. 9.30am comes and goes as does 10.30am So i had been given a tracking number from lee. I then rang Interlink up in Swansea and they said the parcel was up in Birmingham in their main depot. Now i was told that it would be here by 9.30am this morning.

Guess what Still no bumper After about 7 phonecalls to interlink and a couple from Lee they say they have lost the bumper How do you lose a car bumper

Anyhow,after another phonecall to Lee he has said that he will supply me another bumper which i will now go and pick up in the morning and Lee will pay for ny fuel and toll for the bridge and claim the money back from Interlink

I was hoping to have it done for sunday but now it will have to wait

RANT OVER!
Old 03 August 2009, 05:01 PM
R1CH D
Scooby Regular

Some scab head probably nicked it from the depot and sold it. Had the same problem before with a set a brake discs I bought, the first lot went missing from a holding area.
Old 03 August 2009, 05:22 PM
mr_D
Scooby Regular

all fairness to lee that is pretty decent of him. good service to fixing a mistake. even though second time around it aint his fault.

it is crap when stuff like this happens though.
Old 03 August 2009, 08:59 PM
matscooby
Scooby Senior

Sounds like an inside job
Old 03 August 2009, 09:38 PM
GMballistic
Scooby Regular

Like Welshy12 said some Pikey would have stolen it!! You can't just misplace something that big.
I sent a large box with two heated, electric folding Impreza mirrors & a switch and that mysteriously went missing...and also my mate had two HPI nitro trucks disappear. Don't trust them an inch at all. Sad state of affairs really
Old 04 August 2009, 09:59 AM
Dease
Scooby Regular

Won't have been stolen as it is far too big to get passed securtiy and there are camera's everywhere. I work in parcels and know the set up. What has mostprobably happened is that some immigrant doing the night sort has misplaced it into the wrong depot caged and then it has been bounced around the country and damaged. It is either sitting in the corner of someones depot with the label missing and no ID to say who it cam from/where it's going.

Failing that then it's been dropped or something heavy fell on it damaging it.

I don't work for Interlink so carry on slating them anyway!!

If anyone works for a company that despatchs alot of parcels and wants good rates and proven service levels then drop me a PM me.
Old 04 August 2009, 10:11 AM
mr_D
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dease
Won't have been stolen as it is far too big to get passed securtiy and there are camera's everywhere. I work in parcels and know the set up. What has mostprobably happened is that some immigrant doing the night sort has misplaced it into the wrong depot caged and then it has been bounced around the country and damaged. It is either sitting in the corner of someones depot with the label missing and no ID to say who it cam from/where it's going.

Failing that then it's been dropped or something heavy fell on it damaging it.

I don't work for Interlink so carry on slating them anyway!!

If anyone works for a company that despatchs alot of parcels and wants good rates and proven service levels then drop me a PM me.
+1

i used to work for a parcel company and can confirm you are correct ! lol

its funny what goes on behind the scenes. in some places
Old 04 August 2009, 03:09 PM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

Just got back from picking my bumper up in Bristol If interlink find it now then it will be returned to Awesome Imports.
Old 04 August 2009, 04:43 PM
Dease
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrx287
Just got back from picking my bumper up in Bristol If interlink find it now then it will be returned to Awesome Imports.
In bits!!

Good Ol, Interstink!
Old 04 August 2009, 10:04 PM
RED2
Scooby Regular

fair play thats good customer service