Motorpoint Impreza's

Search this Thread

Old 02 April 2006, 08:21 PM
SW Sport Pilot
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motorpoint Impreza's

Evening all

After hearing mentions about motorpoint in Newport, i decided to take a wander see what all the fuss is about. Found Brand new WRX saloons are going for £14995, Had a chat to the sales staff bout the cars who i didnt find as pressuring as id thought. After chatting about trading in prices and them putting a cat one and tracker on they offered me a very tempting deal with three year warrenty and roadside assistence.

must admit im very tempted but has any one had any dealing with them in the past and how have they gone? Also what about a euro impreza's with uk spec, is there anything about them that would be potentially worrying?

Cheers for any comments

Ian
Old 02 April 2006, 08:23 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ian is that for the latest 2.5 l wrx?
Old 02 April 2006, 08:25 PM
SW Sport Pilot
Scooby Regular

yes it is kev

2.5 wrx with only 6 miles on the clock
Old 02 April 2006, 08:29 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well that seems like a good buy to me Are they an import? and do they come with a subaru warranty?
Old 02 April 2006, 08:48 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Talk with ZippyLane I'm sure he had his from there.

The Warranty side of things needs to be looked into if I remember correctly.
Old 02 April 2006, 09:16 PM
turboDean
Scooby Regular

Think there is some kind of warrenty with them now, but with a £5k saving over the dealer price you could fit a new engine and box and still be better off.

Wish they did deals like that when i bought mine, i paid £14K for a 2.5 year old car.
Old 02 April 2006, 09:27 PM
SW Sport Pilot
Scooby Regular

The sales man seem eager to point out that there was a 3yr warrenty with the car but didnt mention subaru directly, definately something to look in to,

especially as i have just had an insurence quote for the wrx that is 100 quid cheaper than what im paying for the sport at the moment.
Old 02 April 2006, 09:32 PM
turboDean
Scooby Regular

Not sure if it's with subaru, i know they were refusing to warrenty them a few months ago.
Old 02 April 2006, 09:32 PM
tay05
Scooby Regular

A mate just bought a new 2.5 wrx from there in black. Awesome car for the money and Subaru will cover the warranty as well. His car is a maltese import, and its British spec. He payed a grand more than that as they've recently just dropped the price, he was well happy with it at that price, so a grand cheaper is awesome value
Old 02 April 2006, 10:27 PM
SW Sport Pilot
Scooby Regular

if it is indeed a Subaru warrenty, how does that normally stand with having modifications to the car ie dumpvalves, exhausts etc will i have to use only prodrive stuff fitted by KP in abergavenny for example
Old 03 April 2006, 08:28 AM
wide
Scooby Regular

I thought it had been sorted and Subaru had to honour the warranty. Give CVC or Keith Price a ring and ask. Scrappydoo2003 had a car from them , although he hasnt been on here for a while try pm,ing him also
Old 03 April 2006, 08:33 AM
ZippyLane
Scooby Regular

Right then.. Got mine from Motorpoint last year.. it's had it's ups and downs.. the warranty was initially a headache as Subaru UK weren't going to honour them but I recently had conformation that mine's been registered on the UK network.. I'm not sure if it's a Subaru warranty they are sold with now so check.. Had my 1000 mile service at CVC which went ok but they charged me for labour as this would have been included for a UK car ( they have to claw their 5k back somehow..) As for mods, a few guys on the original thread say they've been given the go ahead for mods but again, check very carefully..

No locking wheel nuts but that's no big deal.. got them seperate.. alarm and tracker fitted by Motorpoint.. hassle free dealings with Motorpoint, did all my negotiations by phone, first time I went down there was to pick the car up.. on the bad side their part ex prices were very low, but didn't expect top book anyhow..
Mines from Malta.. they told me it was 260 bhp which I doubted until it got dyno-ed in Feb.. 256ft/lb 271bhp.. so happy with that..

All in all, I'd say if you're happy with the deal, go for it..

Geoff.
Old 05 April 2006, 01:37 PM
SW Sport Pilot
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the help gents, Spoke to KP Subaru in Abergavenny regarding a warrenty and like zippy said and from what i understood it needs to be registered with subaru uk on purchase to have a warrenty with subaru dealers.

Unfortunately when i spoke to Motorpoint about the finance they offered me it was for a three year HP sorta deal where id have to pay so much a month for three years and the at the end of those three years id have to pay the remaining set value of about £7,800 or hand the car back. Didnt really like the sound of this as if i did hand the car back i would of spent 8k on car and have nothing really to show for it

Gutting really almost convinced my self was going to have an black 06 wrx

Oh well back to the autotrader i suppose

Cheers

Ian
Old 05 April 2006, 02:58 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You will find some good bargains appear on the forum... your probably better off getting the cash in place, maybe bank loan then look for something either standard or modded if you want to save spending on mods let someone else do that for you
If it is from someone that is known on the forum you can then do a search on the user to see if he has had many tech questions on the car to see if there has been any history of problems
Not only that some of us may be familiar with the seller or the car as well for advice.
Old 05 April 2006, 03:18 PM
SW Sport Pilot
Scooby Regular

Cheers for thats SSS

To be honest im still struggling to decide which model would be the best to aim for i.e between a classic and a Bug Eye. For example, ive seen a 2001 classic Turbo 2000 in Mica Red on Auto trader for £7,500 in a garage, i rang the garage who said while the car is slightly over milage at 67,000 miles it has only ever had 1 owner from new(Bank Manager). It is completely standard and has a full subaru service history including the last cambelt and hydralic tensioner service, the car is as it was when it left the factory and only has a few shopping trolly dinks in one door,

Believe CVC has a classic silver 2000 on an x for 8,000 that has done 40,000miles

The other car i saw was a 2002 bug eye wrx in WR Blue but was at £11,000. It had done 29,000 miles between 3 owners. the sales man said he believed its service history was somewhere with the car and thinks it has a tracker, didnt get a good vibe about the sales service to be honest compared to the garage that has the classic.

with options like this what to people usually go for? any advice appreciated,
Obviously dont want to buy a costly melon

Could wait and see how much Blue Dragoons silver bug eye appears for in CVC

Cheers

Ian
Old 05 April 2006, 03:55 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

The Silver Turbo was at the Main Garage this morning getting prepped or something. 37,400 ish. it looks nice, didn't see A/C though
It was at the Second hand bit yesterday next to my new one wot I just bought. You may need to be quick!
Old 05 April 2006, 05:57 PM
ZippyLane
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wide
I thought it had been sorted and Subaru had to honour the warranty. Give CVC or Keith Price a ring and ask. Scrappydoo2003 had a car from them , although he hasnt been on here for a while try pm,ing him also
Rodney you plonker.. Scrappydoo 2003 is me..
Old 05 April 2006, 06:07 PM
ZippyLane
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SW Sport Pilot

Unfortunately when i spoke to Motorpoint about the finance they offered me it was for a three year HP sorta deal where id have to pay so much a month for three years and the at the end of those three years id have to pay the remaining set value of about £7,800 or hand the car back. Didnt really like the sound of this as if i did hand the car back i would of spent 8k on car and have nothing really to show for it
Lets face it mate, who pays off their car and then keeps it forever..? Not many..I never have.. we all buy cars on HP, depending on what you can muster loanwise.. possibly come away with something older than you liked.. 3 years later it's worth squat and breaks down all the time, you can't get a warranty because it's too old or is to expensive.. then you sell it and get something else..

So, in essence, however we pay for the cars, you lose money on them.. With Motorpoint's deal, sure there's 3 options.. hand it back, pay it off or have a garunteed future minimum value on it to trade in for another one of their cars.. So you get a car that always has a warranty, never needs an MOT and has breakdown cover.. So you never end up owning the car.. is that such a big deal..?

Not everyones cup of tea but it works for me..

Last edited by ZippyLane; 06 April 2006 at 12:09 AM.
Old 05 April 2006, 09:07 PM
MarkGArgyle
Scooby Regular

Just a quick Q - is the motorpoint car pre-reg?

I am having trouble selling my car privately (52 hyundai coupe) and if they are 1st reg keeper cars then I may take less than book just to get rid.

I was looking at Litchfields and whilst i really want to deal with him because of this rep, I am struggling with the fact that he doesn't really do part-ex.

Newport is oh so close!

Cheers!
Old 05 April 2006, 10:28 PM
ZippyLane
Scooby Regular

Mine was delivery miles, but I'm listed as the second owner on the V5..
Old 05 April 2006, 10:49 PM
SW Sport Pilot
Scooby Regular

when i was taliking to the sales man bout the wrx i liked he said id be the first registered owner if i bought the car
Old 06 April 2006, 12:06 AM
ZippyLane
Scooby Regular

Well, I'd double check.. I'm defo the second as the first was a company called ' Simply Short Term' based in Nottingham.. maybe who they imported it thru..?
Old 06 April 2006, 12:07 AM
ZippyLane
Scooby Regular

Not that it's important if I go thru them when my 3 years is up.. they've given me my Future Value figure..
Old 06 April 2006, 12:11 AM
ZippyLane
Scooby Regular

Oh.. another thing to think about.. you wouldn't be able to mess round to much with the car Mod-wise in case it affects the warranty..
Old 06 April 2006, 08:23 AM
wide
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ZippyLane
Rodney you plonker.. Scrappydoo 2003 is me..
Well I havent seen you for months , how am I supposed to know youve changed your bloody name
Old 06 April 2006, 09:54 AM
ZippyLane
Scooby Regular

Ok.. I'll forgive you..