Notices

PowerStation Vs Wrc-tech

Search this Thread

Old 19 January 2006, 02:52 PM
SleeperTaz
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PowerStation Vs Wrc-tech

Hiya all. As many of you will know, i'm new to the scooby world.

After plenty of conversations with a few of you at my first meet, i made the decision to take my first step with an Ecutek upgrade. After doing some research, i have come down to my 2 finally choices of places to go to get this done. (Unless ofcourse someone else knows of anywhere else).

As some of you may be aware, mines a 03 WRX and i'd like it to have a lil more in the meat department. So i've decided to go with just the Ecutek first and nothing else at this point.

I was wondering what your opinions were on my final two choices as to where to get the work done.

Cheers,

Taz
Old 19 January 2006, 04:30 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

Personally I'd go for Powerstation because I have 1st hand experience of them and am well pleased with the results.

Other alternatives are Bob Rawle or Andy F (both private mappers) who are reputed to be "the best in the business". The only problems with this are:
  • They're more expensive, ~£150 plus VAT more.
  • Andy F lives in Scotland so if you want him to come down there's expenses on top.
  • Both map "on the road" - ie. on public roads. This has +'s and -'s. A plus is your car is mapped in a real road environment but a minus is it's on public roads which obviously restricts you to legal speed limits during the mapping process.
  • You don't get rolling road results at the end of it so that'll cost you more.
You pays your money, you makes your chioce

Whichever route you go down, you'll never have laughed so much as you will on the drive home.

Formation flying, squadron leader.

Last edited by Trap2Terrorist; 19 January 2006 at 08:09 PM.
Old 19 January 2006, 05:47 PM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

mine was worked on by powerstation and works very well - i would go with the place that gets good feedback....
Old 19 January 2006, 05:52 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Taz,

You need to just decide how far your going before you decide on when you have a re-map.... firstly I would suggest an uprated panel filter that will just drop in second one to consider is the exhaust pipe, a full de-cat or partial de-cat ?? I know you have a good back box on to start

Decide how far your going then get the parts and have it all done at the same time... you will save some money that way.

When I have a minute I'm going to track down a thread regarding wrc-tec and I'll PM the review to you.

Simon
Old 19 January 2006, 05:59 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Taz you might be jumping the gun a bit, the re-map is quite expensive and when you fit all the other bits zorst etc you will need another A better way is to get the bits together (and they dont have to be new) have them fitted then look for a re-map on a group buy about £500+ the dredded. providing you fit the correct parts your gains will be much better and more cost effective. I had a performance package fitted by TSL and the results were impressive as was the service i recived, dont jump into this do your home work and you can end up with a nice upgrade at a reasonable cost.
Speak to David at API a helpfull guy who will steer you in the right direction he will talk to you all day if you want with no pressure to sell you anything. He will be at the ross meet so i can point him out if you want .
kev
Old 19 January 2006, 10:08 PM
msp1
Scooby Regular

I've had my car remapped by both companies. If it was my money I'd go to Powerstation.

Mike
Old 19 January 2006, 10:29 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by msp1
I've had my car remapped by both companies. If it was my money I'd go to Powerstation.

Mike
Hi Mike,

You not coming to the meet on 29th Jan? Be good to see you again, wouldn't mind you taking me out for a spin in the "black beast", experience the difference between a modded STi and mine.....?

Rich.
Old 20 January 2006, 07:22 AM
msp1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Trap2Terrorist
Hi Mike,

You not coming to the meet on 29th Jan? Be good to see you again, wouldn't mind you taking me out for a spin in the "black beast", experience the difference between a modded STi and mine.....?

Rich.
Are you still coming the the dent Group Buy? If so we'll go for a spin then.

Speak soon

Mike
Old 20 January 2006, 08:11 AM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by msp1
Are you still coming the the dent Group Buy? If so we'll go for a spin then.

Speak soon

Mike
I'm on the list but hoping to get mine done before the GB date, I want to make sure I get the taxi company to pay before they change their minds!

Hopefully see you then though....