Sponsored by:

Thankyou Unichip+Powerstation

Search this Thread

Old 11 August 2001, 08:11 AM
WALKER
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Well to be quite honest, i was getting a bit bored with my trusty steed(STI V5 Type R). I thought the novelty value and especially the performance of my car was getting a bit boring until i took it back to Powerstation for a remap of the Unichip yesterday.

Due to the oncoming Banzai thrash, i thought id better get the car set up properly. I had the boost controller and boost solenoid control valve disconnected when i had overboost problems a while back, but as these were now sorted it was time to get them reconnected and a fresh map put into it, especially as i`m using Mr Hardmans Nitrous Formula octane booster

Since the new map, it has felt like a new car, loads more, and i mean loads more power, it really pulls urgently and the response is fantastic.

The figures on Powerstation rollers after Unichip God, Rich had waved his magic wand were....

305.5 BHP
278 LB FT Torque
245 bhp At the wheels

Max torque is produced at 5350 rpm and max engine power is at 5900 rpm.

The car is boosting at 1.4 bar, with no det.

I know these are Bar talk figures but trust me, the car is definately a different beast. Roll on FMIC, Equal length headers and Bigger turbo.

Right i`m off for a play........

Paul

P.S Flame suit on, waiting for the `how long do you think it`ll last comments running 1.4 bar`

Old 11 August 2001, 08:22 AM
CraigH
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Hmmmm.

Looks like I'm gonna have to cheat now on the Banzai thrash

(if those new bottles of NF smell a bit weaker than ususal that I gave you Paul, don't worry about it )