Petrol?

Search this Thread

Old 22 July 2014, 04:54 PM
GONZO01
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Petrol?

During the run on Sunday I needed fuel and the only option was tesco momentum (always ran v power or nitro+ In my Scooby's) so filled up with momentum, now it could be just me but my car feels more responsive through the rev range surely it's just in my head as I thought shell v power or nitro+ was the best fuel to put in a Scooby or am I mistaken and momentum is the better fuel?
Old 22 July 2014, 04:58 PM
CutMasterT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Momentum is good fuel. Mine is mapped for it as its more accessible. Normally VPower or Momentum are whats recommended.
Old 22 July 2014, 05:38 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

Nothing wrong with Tesco momentum it's what mine is ran on and I also noticed a difference. Shell would throw the management light now and again which was very odd as it never happened when ran on M99, also does better on fuel!
Old 22 July 2014, 06:27 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Tesco Momentum even though it is a 99 RON fuel does not use the same method as Shell Nitro to obtain it's higher RON rating - the company that produces Momentum for Tesco add bio-ethanol to the fuel in order to 'boost' the RON rating.

Shell refine their fuel to 99 RON using more normal refining methods but both fuels get to the same points but using slightly different methods.

I find that when I use Shell Nitro that the acceleration is smoother on the whole as opposed to Tesco Momentum, it may just be all 'in my head' but either fuel will be fine.

Plus I do use an octane booster anyway as the Japanese do use a higher octane fuel.
Old 22 July 2014, 06:33 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Out here in Croatia I use 100+ ron when traveling back to the UK recently I used Shell racing through europe or Petrol 99 ron. my first fill in the UK was Shell Nitro and I noticed poor idle and juddering when in slow moving traffic. Second fill was with Momentum and it ran smoother and the juddering disappeared. Make of that what you will.
Old 22 July 2014, 07:11 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder
Tesco Momentum even though it is a 99 RON fuel does not use the same method as Shell Nitro to obtain it's higher RON rating - the company that produces Momentum for Tesco add bio-ethanol to the fuel in order to 'boost' the RON rating.

Shell refine their fuel to 99 RON using more normal refining methods but both fuels get to the same points but using slightly different methods.

I find that when I use Shell Nitro that the acceleration is smoother on the whole as opposed to Tesco Momentum, it may just be all 'in my head' but either fuel will be fine.

Plus I do use an octane booster anyway as the Japanese do use a higher octane fuel.

It must be "in your head" because you never have a car long enough to compare .