Notices

What to get for the Petrolhead in your Life?

Search this Thread

Old 22 July 2014, 12:21 PM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to get for the Petrolhead in your Life?

Just got this through on Amazon:

http://local.amazon.co.uk/Newport/B0...725731_rd_fd_2

Looks an amazing deal (admittedly on the basis that the full prices are a bit high).

Nice to see a scooby in the list of options
Old 22 July 2014, 10:18 PM
Peter Pan
Scooby Regular

I was bought one of these experience thingy's for my 40th from friends of mine and chose to have a drive in a 911 Turbo, ideally I would of loved a drive in a Lambo but wasn't travelling around a 4hr round trip for the sake of a few laps so went to Llandow. When I got there the Porsche wasn't a 911 Turbo as stated but a Carrera 2, the old man has a Carrera 4S so nothing really different to what I've already driven, also there were Lambo's, Ferrari's, Nissan GTI, etc,etc which wasn't an option when I booked.
The instructor I had was quite patronising and lets say you on a very tight rope when driving, although I didn't take great deal of notice of him so managed to get more out of the car than he would of liked and even then I was long way from the limits of what that car can do around there, he then made me stay behind a GTR that was costing for the last 3 laps . It looks like it could be run by the same company and if so then my advice is save your money as your going to be very disappointed. You'll have far more fun on a good Welsh B road in your Subaru.
Old 22 July 2014, 10:24 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

I think it's rubbish if it's one of these event where the owner sits with you and tells you how to drive it.
Most of these super car days are owned cars that they rent to folk like you.
I took a porsche gt3 and if anyone span the car, the drive was over.
Hire one properly to get your thrill,
Never again! If anyone bought me one of these I'd get a refund instantly a book a trackday in a Nissan micra as I'd be able to kill it round a track.

Last edited by bustaMOVEs; 22 July 2014 at 10:27 PM.
Old 22 July 2014, 10:42 PM
Peter Pan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs
I think it's rubbish if it's one of these event where the owner sits with you and tells you how to drive it.
Most of these super car days are owned cars that they rent to folk like you.
I took a porsche gt3 and if anyone span the car, the drive was over.
Hire one properly to get your thrill,
Never again! If anyone bought me one of these I'd get a refund instantly a book a trackday in a Nissan micra as I'd be able to kill it round a track.
Yes it was, and that was my feeling that the cars were rented for the day also but my thoughts were I used the voucher and not let it go to waste. I wish I went up in a glider instead but decided against it due to the unpredictable weather we can have and wasn't keen on dates potentially changing a number of times and clashing with plans which I wouldn't of been an issue with going to Llandow but hay ho! Lesson learnt.
Old 23 July 2014, 01:03 AM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Peter Pan
Yes it was, and that was my feeling that the cars were rented for the day also but my thoughts were I used the voucher and not let it go to waste. I wish I went up in a glider instead but decided against it due to the unpredictable weather we can have and wasn't keen on dates potentially changing a number of times and clashing with plans which I wouldn't of been an issue with going to Llandow but hay ho! Lesson learnt.
Says it all in my opinion.