Notices

05 WRX wagon suspension

Search this Thread

Old 01 August 2011, 11:35 AM
Cream
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 WRX wagon suspension

I've just ordered these off ebay from LK Performance and styling.

Apart from the fact they have sent me 2 off near side Part no. 334300 So one will have to go back. Can anyone confirm that these are the right part for an 05 WRX wagon.
I did check with them before ordering but on reciving the part the strut shaft is much smaller in diameter than the originals. Is this just a design change or are they the wrong part

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Regards
Noel
Old 01 August 2011, 06:35 PM
Cream
Scooby Regular

WOW, can't even find out on they KYB uk web site, Going to have to give them a ring tomorrow to get the exact product code.
Old 01 August 2011, 10:20 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there contact Camskill if you are looking for KYB,they're have best prices for KYB.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m10b0s2662...ion_-_Shockers

Or you can contact here RobDay,which can do deal on Raceland Coilovers for around £350.

Jura
Old 02 August 2011, 09:41 AM
Cream
Scooby Regular

Just phoned KYB UK, They don't do them for my car :-(

Now I have the joy of trying to get a refund, Thankfully I asked the question to the sell before I bought them.

Last edited by Cream; 02 August 2011 at 09:45 AM.
Old 02 August 2011, 10:30 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cream
Just phoned KYB UK, They don't do them for my car :-(

Now I have the joy of trying to get a refund, Thankfully I asked the question to the sell before I bought them.
You can fit any suspension from Saloon(just must have same PCD 5X100),i have fitted saloon coilovers on mine and they're spot on.

Jura
Old 04 August 2011, 07:52 PM
Rez
Scooby Regular

Pleased i found this thread.. in the process of looking for replacement shocks all round on my 54 blob-wagon (rears have developed the dreaded knock).. is the OPs wagon a blobeye too or hawk? considering fitting new OE suspension plus lowering springs? any recommendations on shocks and suppliers?
Old 04 August 2011, 08:01 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rez
Pleased i found this thread.. in the process of looking for replacement shocks all round on my 54 blob-wagon (rears have developed the dreaded knock).. is the OPs wagon a blobeye too or hawk? considering fitting new OE suspension plus lowering springs? any recommendations on shocks and suppliers?
Hawkeye or Blobeye Wagon have same PCD like all WRX 5x100.

If you are considering fitting OE replacement i would suggest KYB(Camskill have great deals for these) and Eibach or Tein springs,i've before fitted Pi springs which can lower 35-40mm,still great to drive and OK for speed bumps.

Or you can go route of BC,Tein,HSD HR or KW depends on budget.

I have fitted HSD HR which have great reviews on most forums.

Jura
Old 05 August 2011, 09:56 AM
Rez
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jura11
Hawkeye or Blobeye Wagon have same PCD like all WRX 5x100.

If you are considering fitting OE replacement i would suggest KYB(Camskill have great deals for these) and Eibach or Tein springs,i've before fitted Pi springs which can lower 35-40mm,still great to drive and OK for speed bumps.

Or you can go route of BC,Tein,HSD HR or KW depends on budget.

I have fitted HSD HR which have great reviews on most forums.

Jura
Great info cheers jura, will contact camskills.. will I need and new mounts at all, especially for the rears?
Old 05 August 2011, 05:03 PM
Cream
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rez
It's a blobeye, Apparently no one makes standard spec replacments for my o5 wagon
I took my shockers back to LK Performance and he rang round all his suppliers monroe etc and none of them make front shockers for my car , They all stop on an 04 for some reason.
Really anoying as I'm not after an upgrade set where I have to tell the insurance I've modded the car. I'll just live with the knock for now until I decide what to do. KYB tech support said I'll have to go to Subaru directly to get original spec shocks at a cost of over £300 a corner.
Old 05 August 2011, 10:38 PM
Rez
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cream
It's a blobeye, Apparently no one makes standard spec replacments for my o5 wagon
I took my shockers back to LK Performance and he rang round all his suppliers monroe etc and none of them make front shockers for my car , They all stop on an 04 for some reason.
Really anoying as I'm not after an upgrade set where I have to tell the insurance I've modded the car. I'll just live with the knock for now until I decide what to do. KYB tech support said I'll have to go to Subaru directly to get original spec shocks at a cost of over £300 a corner.

**** THAT!! how much?? funny you say that about the shocks though, browsing evil-bay today trying to find new, standard shocks and as you say they seem to stop @ early 04.. my blob is a 54 plate.. so what's the answer? surely someone must have fitted new shocks to their 54-05 blob wagon? and i'm not really too keen on fitting coilovers etc just yet..
Old 05 August 2011, 10:50 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Guys you can fit any Shocks from Saloon,just must be same PCD like your 5X100 IIRC.
KYB will fit and is cheapest option as well,i fit on mine wagon HSD HR,which are for saloon, difference between Blobeye and bugeye wagons is front end and rear end(bumpers,lights and wings),interior and that's it,suspensions are same and everything is same,you can fit doors from blob on bugeye without the problem.

Jura
Old 05 August 2011, 11:28 PM
Rez
Scooby Regular

Guys you can fit any Shocks from Saloon,just must be same PCD like your 5X100 IIRC.
KYB will fit and is cheapest option as well,i fit on mine wagon HSD HR,which are for saloon, difference between Blobeye and bugeye wagons is front end and rear end(bumpers,lights and wings),interior and that's it,suspensions are same and everything is same,you can fit doors from blob on bugeye without the problem.

Jura
that makes sense.. cheers.. mind if i ask how much your HSD HRs were? and the price quoted in your earlier post for the coilovers (£350?), is that all round or just a pair?
Old 05 August 2011, 11:39 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rez
that makes sense.. cheers.. mind if i ask how much your HSD HRs were? and the price quoted in your earlier post for the coilovers (£350?), is that all round or just a pair?

Mine HSD HR cost £660 from Driftworks few months back,now cost £760,Apexi or BC are cheaper and they will fit as well wagons.

For shocks from KYB you will pay around £320-£370

Here is link:

Jura
Old 06 August 2011, 12:34 AM
Rez
Scooby Regular

Mine HSD HR cost £660 from Driftworks few months back,now cost £760,Apexi or BC are cheaper and they will fit as well wagons.

For shocks from KYB you will pay around £320-£370

Here is link:

Jura
Grand stuff cheers jura i might just go on asking stupid questions for another six and a half hours till my night shift finishes, god i'm bored..
Old 06 August 2011, 12:52 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rez
Grand stuff cheers jura i might just go on asking stupid questions for another six and a half hours till my night shift finishes, god i'm bored..
Its OK there.

Main confusion of some dealers is PCD between the wagon and saloons,because on saloons STi 05 onwards has changed from 5x100 to 5x114,3,but WRX have still same PCD all years,not sure on hatch...

I think you are asking me about the £350 coilover setup,which has Rob day tested and probably worth ask him,what he think,but these has been tested on Nasioc,where has been mixed response on these,overally these are OK for money,if you are considering BC/Apexi or other cost 2x more.Anyway here is link to this thread here https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...group-buy.html

If you are going replacing coilovers/shocks i would consider rear 22/24 mm ARB(anti roll bar) and solid droplinks all around,this will make massive difference too on wagon.

Jura
Old 07 August 2011, 08:49 AM
Cream
Scooby Regular

Jura

While what you say makes 100% sence, I phone KYB tech support up directly, Even they said they didn't have like for like replacments For my car. Had to give hime my reg No. and part No. off the side of the suspension.
Anyway for now they have been returned and I've had a refund. There is no panic as the shockers are perfroming fine, Just have a little knock when I put the lock on. I'll live with it for now.

Thankyou everyone for there input

Last edited by Cream; 07 August 2011 at 08:50 AM.