Notices

Will this be a problem? (ARB & DL fitting)

Search this Thread

Old 25 September 2004, 08:32 PM
GimmeMore
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will this be a problem? (ARB & DL fitting)

I have just fitted heavy duty whiteline ARB & LINKS to the rear of my STI5 ... this was no problem and all fits well. The front set is a different matter though .. the ARB is the same size as the stock one but the links do not fit. I have fitted the ARB with the stock links for now .... is there a special part for the front links on my car?

Will this cause any handling problems if left as above? And should the bar be able to slide laterally as well as rotate within the bushes? Looking at the front ARB it has moved to one side more than the other after a quick test spin.

Ta
Old 26 September 2004, 02:25 PM
GimmeMore
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please comment if you know what the score is with these things as I am now reluctant to give the car some stick till I sort this out! When I am cornering medium to hard I can hear what I think is the ARB shifting laterally with a loud thunk sound .... which leads me to ask how tight should the bush clamp be? Are these bushes (as supplied with the kit) known to do this? Any other comments on the fitting/setup of the whileline front ARB/Links?