Eibachs and what???!!

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2001, 11:44 PM
Spence27
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Hi all,

Was after a bit of advice on suspension. I have a '93 WRX and at the moment it seems to roll more than my Dad's UK scoob, although he has just had new rear rollb links fitted...do these make a significant difference to the roll of the car??

I#m a bit confused cos I heard the WRXs were supposed to be firmer than the UK cars, but mine feels softer than my Dads !!

Anyway, I'm thinking of getting some Eibach springs and some dampers.......can't afford a £1200 leda system or the like, so was thinking eibachs and either bilstein or koni shocks. Anyone know if you can get different spring rates of eibach? Cos I don't want ride to be rock at all, but it needs to feel tauter than it does now ! I drive over loads of bumpy roads so it needs to stick like glue but also not have any body roll and be lower !!

Not asking much am I !

Anyway, would appreciate advice.

Cheers,
Alex
Old 05 September 2001, 01:55 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Talking

******* browser just crashed as I was about to post so this is the second time I've typed this....

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Spence27:
<B>...do these make a significant difference to the roll of the car??[/quote]

Well they make it roll less....

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR><B>I'm a bit confused cos I heard the WRXs were supposed to be firmer than the UK cars, but mine feels softer than my Dads !!
[/quote]

Shouldn't be...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR><B>Anyway, I'm thinking of getting some Eibach springs and some dampers....... Anyone know if you can get different spring rates of eibach? Cos I don't want ride to be rock at all, but it needs to feel tauter than it does now ![/quote]

AFAIK, there is only one Eibach kit for a Scoob but this works well with both OE UK and Jap model dampers

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR><B>Not asking much am I ![/quote]

Not really.

Ta,

Matt
Old 05 September 2001, 08:45 PM
Spence27
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the non-sarcy comments Matt :&gt;

I think what I'll do then is get some new rear anti-roll bar links, and maybe some eibachs...as long as it sticks to the bumpy ground like it does to smooth tarmac I'll be happy. I know my pug 205 GTi used to hold the bumpy grounds extraordinarily well, and at the moment better than my beloved scooby

Ah well, maybe lowering it and dropping the centre of grav will help, along with quality Eibachs like.

Are there any non-subaru rear anti roll bar links available does anyone know? proper scooby ones are bloody £60 odd each!

cheers for the advice though Matt.

Alex