Notices

Its like a go-cart!

Search this Thread

Old 19 September 2000, 07:02 AM
WALKER
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Just had fitted ALK,uprated front and rear rollbars, solid rearlinks(all from Scoobymania) and adjustable Bozz Speed dampers with Hks springs (bought off bbs)

Everybody said that the ride would be unbearable, so i must admit that i was a bit worried to say the least.
Had it all fitted at Roger Clark Motorsport and they also set up the geometry aswell.

All i can say is WOW its like a fappin go-cart, the ride quality has not changed at all from the std Type R but it has eliminated all of the body roll, and thats on the softest setting its also lowered the car by a good inch.

Even Ollie Clark was impressed when he took it out for a test drive, reckons it`ll be unbeatable on the track.

Only bad thing is that when really pushing it on quite bumpy back roads you can lift a wheel quite easily, but on A and B roads its sublime.

Thanks to Mike at Scoobymania for the kit and thanks to RCM for the fitting at such short notice, excellent service as per usual!

Right where`s them islands

Paul
Old 19 September 2000, 09:05 AM
igratton
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Wow paul...

you said youd consider Eibachs...but in usual style you've gone the whole hog and done the lot.

I drove the Scoobymania Type R a few weeks ago with solid links, rollbars, and ALK (DMS Dampers were not installed at the time).

Initially the car felt like it was going nowhere, the anti-lift kit certainly does just that. The car was incredible composed into (and out of) corners. I only had the chance to run the car on a well known smooth A road (very windy...lots of sweepers over crests etc.). I imagine you may loose some of the cars steadyness on very bumpy roads.

The other thing is I didn't use the stuff in the wet...let us know how you get no (no doubt this will be sideways )

Ian.
Old 19 September 2000, 10:16 AM
Greg Jones
Scooby Regular

Smile

Glad you like them Paul.
God, you had them fitted quick...couldn't wait I guess.

I think you will find that they deliver in the wet aswell. Road has to be smooth mind you.

Greg
Old 19 September 2000, 07:15 PM
WALKER
Scooby Regular

Cheers Greg

Yep. well impressed so far, can`t wait for the next track day

Paul