Notices
Subaru Parts This forum contains Subaru parts offered for sale by our members only.

DCCD ecu and bespoke loom

Search this Thread

Old 16 November 2012, 03:26 PM
Robbied
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DCCD ecu and bespoke loom

I built this loom for my old car and now have no use for it.

I designed it to run a standard GC8 (2 plug) diff controller so if you have retro fitted a DCCD to your car this will run it.

Very simple to fit, just supply the loom with fused 12v power and earth and it will work.

There is a connection for the handbrake which releases the centre diff when you pull the handbrake.

Also I have used the OEM 6pin connector so it will plug straight into your gearbox loom. The nice part is i have also built it with the non-dccd 4pin plug so it will also plug into your chassis loom and the reverse lights and neutral switch will work as before.

This is a really nice plug and play loom. The wires are there to connector the DCCD clocks if you wanted too, i have capped off the wires as I had non-DCCD clocks.

You will get; Loom, standard diff ecu, relay and Subaru OEM thumbwheel.

£150 posted.

I can possibly make more of these, and to different specs if needed. Might take me a little while to source more OEM plugs but should be no problem. Price will vary dependant on spec...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	267.3 KB
ID:	9880  
Old 16 November 2012, 06:49 PM
dannyeg
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll take it mate what's ur PayPal
Old 16 November 2012, 08:29 PM
S744hdv
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Robbie,I have a dccd gearbox from a version 4 type r that I'm planning on fitting into my version 5 uk turbo.i have the dccd ecu and thumbwheel,would you be able to make me up a loom so I could wire it in.preferably with the plugs for the dccd clocks as I'm planning on fitting those too.it would be greatly appreciated and I could pay cash on collection if that's any good to you?? Many thanks
Old 17 November 2012, 07:55 AM
Robbied
Scooby Regular

Dannyeg; PM'd with paypal address, can post asap

S744hdv; Yep i can make up a loom, basically you need the what Dannyeg has bought but you need to connect the wires for the dash lights. PM me your email address and we can talk more about it
Old 17 November 2012, 11:18 AM
Robbied
Scooby Regular

Sold, Will post monday morning,

Thanks
Old 15 March 2020, 09:04 AM
Scooberblue
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Robbied
Sold, Will post monday morning,

Thanks

hi.
i know it was a while ago but are you still able to make these looms.
many thanks
Martin
Old 15 March 2020, 12:44 PM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 278 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooberblue
hi.
i know it was a while ago but are you still able to make these looms.
many thanks
Martin
Tim at jt innovations should be able to help you out.

Trending Topics

Old 15 March 2020, 07:03 PM
Robbied
Scooby Regular

Hi
Yes I guess I could make more, but I don't have any of the OEM connectors anymore and don't come across them very much.

With some research I could probably source some, either new or used. But by the time i've done that then put something bespoke together it would likely make it too expensive.

-Robbie

Old 16 March 2020, 12:28 AM
Scooberblue
Scooby Newbie

Hi
Yes I guess I could make more, but I don't have any of the OEM connectors anymore and don't come across them very much.

With some research I could probably source some, either new or used. But by the time i've done that then put something bespoke together it would likely make it too expensive.

-Robbie
hi thanks for the reply Robbie. I’m not to fussed if it doesn’t have the connections for dash lights or diff just aslong as there labelled. If you could source the plugs for the dccd ecu an let me know a quote that would be very appreciated. Basically no one makes what I’m after an that’s a manuel only controller that will work with the original thumbwheel an be connected into the dash as I’m doing a 5sp dccd conversion on my my00 uk classic
many thanks
martin
Old 16 March 2020, 12:34 AM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

hi thanks for the reply Robbie. I’m not to fussed if it doesn’t have the connections for dash lights or diff just aslong as there labelled. If you could source the plugs for the dccd ecu an let me know a quote that would be very appreciated. Basically no one makes what I’m after an that’s a manuel only controller that will work with the original thumbwheel an be connected into the dash as I’m doing a 5sp dccd conversion on my my00 uk classic
many thanks
martin
Read my above post or you could retrofit a MAPDCCD unit as well. Excellent bit of kit.
Old 16 March 2020, 08:55 AM
Robbied
Scooby Regular

Yep I agree there are some decent aftermarket controllers out there now. MAPDCCD or DCCDPRO in particular. Also there is one from a firm called 'LD Performance'. I actually have one here that belongs to a customer, but we are yet to install it so I have no idea if its any good! The aftermarket units give you a more control than the early OEM diff controllers that were essentially non-active and just gave a fixed %age of lock.

But let me see what I have, and what I can get and take it from there,
Old 17 March 2020, 01:17 AM
Scooberblue
Scooby Newbie

Yep I agree there are some decent aftermarket controllers out there now. MAPDCCD or DCCDPRO in particular. Also there is one from a firm called 'LD Performance'. I actually have one here that belongs to a customer, but we are yet to install it so I have no idea if its any good! The aftermarket units give you a more control than the early OEM diff controllers that were essentially non-active and just gave a fixed %age of lock.

But let me see what I have, and what I can get and take it from there,

brilliant thanks robbie.
yes I no there are some very advanced controllers out there now but what I want is just a manuel controller an to use the factory thumbwheel along with the factory dccd lights. The only controller rear is the dccdpro manuel for Oe look but to get the lights working the spider is double the price an even then the light interface is still optional. No one else really offers that apart from your loom?
Old 17 March 2020, 03:54 PM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

brilliant thanks robbie.
yes I no there are some very advanced controllers out there now but what I want is just a manuel controller an to use the factory thumbwheel along with the factory dccd lights. The only controller rear is the dccdpro manuel for Oe look but to get the lights working the spider is double the price an even then the light interface is still optional. No one else really offers that apart from your loom?
MAPDCCD does everything you require and as said before Tim at JT Innovations will make you a loom. I have connectors here if needed.
Old 21 March 2020, 01:04 AM
Scooberblue
Scooby Newbie

Just finished sorting the dash clocks out curtesy of a set of v6 STi type r doner clocks. All pins soldered in for bulb holders an bulb holders swapped. 6 diodes an a few resisters swapped over along with some other gizmos an the fascia. ( my dad being an oldskool tv engineer is fantastic at that so now have a set of uk turbo 2000 dccd dash clocks 😀 little bit one off but do look good an obviously look factory. Did you have any luck Robbie? If not I no the plugs will be hard to find but do you have the pin outs for the standard dccd ecu as I might be able to get my dad to make one?

Last edited by Scooberblue; 21 March 2020 at 01:05 AM.